Big News!!
Spencer has been granted a wish from Make A Wish! I think I actually mentioned this already but now I'm making it official. His wish is to go to New York to see a live taping of Saturday Night Live. Unfortunately, that part won't be happening since SNL is one of the most popular shows and they were unable to secure tickets but, they are sending him to Jimmy Fallon instead. He's pretty funny too and I know Spencer will love it just as well.
This post kicks off our journey with Make A Wish! I will try to post pictures and updates daily. I have a feeling we won't be sleeping this whole trip. It will pretty much be like a gambler in Vegas.
On Monday, we will be getting his backpack from Make A Wish filled with our itinerary and tickets. I have reserved a large room at a local pizza restaurant where we will surprise Spencer with the final plans. I am so excited for him. I was going to make a special cake and stuff but Shelbie will be in the hospital on Monday getting her transfusion so I won't have time to make it. Store bought will work I guess. I have made a fun banner and his dad has collected posters and flyers of all the places Make A Wish has planned to send us for the 6 days we are there. Spencer's wish granters will be there and a couple of his closest friends, dad and step family. It will be a fun time and a great way to kick things off.
Wednesday, we make a 4 hour drive to the airport and fly out bright and early on Thursday. I asked Spencer if he wanted to know the itinerary before we got there and he said, "Nope. I don't really care. I just want to be surprised every minute of every day! I am just so excited to be in New York."
I am praying everyone is feeling well enough to enjoy this trip. Spencer will be in the hospital the week after we get home so this is a nice way to distract from that. I am so grateful to Make A Wish!
This post kicks off our journey with Make A Wish! I will try to post pictures and updates daily. I have a feeling we won't be sleeping this whole trip. It will pretty much be like a gambler in Vegas.
On Monday, we will be getting his backpack from Make A Wish filled with our itinerary and tickets. I have reserved a large room at a local pizza restaurant where we will surprise Spencer with the final plans. I am so excited for him. I was going to make a special cake and stuff but Shelbie will be in the hospital on Monday getting her transfusion so I won't have time to make it. Store bought will work I guess. I have made a fun banner and his dad has collected posters and flyers of all the places Make A Wish has planned to send us for the 6 days we are there. Spencer's wish granters will be there and a couple of his closest friends, dad and step family. It will be a fun time and a great way to kick things off.
Wednesday, we make a 4 hour drive to the airport and fly out bright and early on Thursday. I asked Spencer if he wanted to know the itinerary before we got there and he said, "Nope. I don't really care. I just want to be surprised every minute of every day! I am just so excited to be in New York."
I am praying everyone is feeling well enough to enjoy this trip. Spencer will be in the hospital the week after we get home so this is a nice way to distract from that. I am so grateful to Make A Wish!
Comments
Post a Comment