Boo!
Do you remember the last time someone sneaked up behind to scare you? Then you know that feeling of your body flushing with adrenaline, your heart racing, beating you into the next room! My kids love to hide behind doors and around corners to quietly whisper 'BOO' and that scares me more than the loud booming kind of surprise. I tend to walk cautiously around the corners for the rest of the day.
This scenario describes almost perfectly how I have felt the past few months, I live in a state of high alert. Everyday, my heart gets away from me, everyday something pops up to scare the living daylights out of me and everyday, I just pretend it didn't really scare me at all but inside, I'm shaking. I'm not sure if it's because of the stress we have been experiencing this past year with multiple problems that seem to have no end in sight or if it's just due to the genetic wasteland we now find ourselves in. Whatever it is, I hate living this way.
This week, the spotlight is on Sam. I know, right, my healthy kid! Didn't I just mention how healthy Sam is? Wasn't he the kid that had the least concerns to bring up last week in Seattle? That's how fast things change around here.
The boys have had to be at their dad's house since Thursday (which I might add really bites- because he missed a couple days of visitation while we were in Seattle having so much fun and an awesome and exciting vacation- according to some-so he insisted on make up time to have his own 'fun' with the kids....hmmmm....ok...that's totally fair) ANYWAYS, moving on, Sam's bowel movements have turned to straight mucus, no stool. He has been really scared for the past few days since he's been gone and texting me a lot to tell me how scared he is.
The bowel movements have now come back but to spare you the details, let's just say they are far from normal. About 3 years ago, this very same thing happened. For 2 months, the doctors couldn't figure out what the problem was until one day, just 3 hours after an MRI, he was in emergency surgery for an Intessuception. His small intestine had started pulling back inside itself, turning inside out and creating a blockage. He was really, really sick for 4 weeks, but was down for 4 months and missed a ton of school.
I have been scared all week that we are headed there again. I will take him in on Monday and hopefully get an MRI to rule out another Intessuception. They are very rare and almost never happen to children. I can't get that feeling of fear out of my head and heart. When this happened before, I really thought I was going to lose him. Ugh...so here we go on another high alert weekend, jumping every time the phone rings, hoping it's not Sam saying everything has turned to straight blood.
This scenario describes almost perfectly how I have felt the past few months, I live in a state of high alert. Everyday, my heart gets away from me, everyday something pops up to scare the living daylights out of me and everyday, I just pretend it didn't really scare me at all but inside, I'm shaking. I'm not sure if it's because of the stress we have been experiencing this past year with multiple problems that seem to have no end in sight or if it's just due to the genetic wasteland we now find ourselves in. Whatever it is, I hate living this way.
This week, the spotlight is on Sam. I know, right, my healthy kid! Didn't I just mention how healthy Sam is? Wasn't he the kid that had the least concerns to bring up last week in Seattle? That's how fast things change around here.
The boys have had to be at their dad's house since Thursday (which I might add really bites- because he missed a couple days of visitation while we were in Seattle having so much fun and an awesome and exciting vacation- according to some-so he insisted on make up time to have his own 'fun' with the kids....hmmmm....ok...that's totally fair) ANYWAYS, moving on, Sam's bowel movements have turned to straight mucus, no stool. He has been really scared for the past few days since he's been gone and texting me a lot to tell me how scared he is.
The bowel movements have now come back but to spare you the details, let's just say they are far from normal. About 3 years ago, this very same thing happened. For 2 months, the doctors couldn't figure out what the problem was until one day, just 3 hours after an MRI, he was in emergency surgery for an Intessuception. His small intestine had started pulling back inside itself, turning inside out and creating a blockage. He was really, really sick for 4 weeks, but was down for 4 months and missed a ton of school.
I have been scared all week that we are headed there again. I will take him in on Monday and hopefully get an MRI to rule out another Intessuception. They are very rare and almost never happen to children. I can't get that feeling of fear out of my head and heart. When this happened before, I really thought I was going to lose him. Ugh...so here we go on another high alert weekend, jumping every time the phone rings, hoping it's not Sam saying everything has turned to straight blood.
and why can't dear old Dad take him to the dr when things like this arise? Is his head in the sand?
ReplyDelete