What to do...

This past weekend we escaped to Canada.  I felt like I could actually breathe as opposed to bouncing between suffocation and panic.  The best part was that the kids actually felt great and could enjoy the short time they had with their cousins.  Spencer spent most of the time staying at my neice's dorm room with his cousin and friend so I hardly saw him the two days we were there.  I know he enjoyed his new found freedom.  

Unfortunately, we had to come back.  I don't know why other than this is where our 'life' is but the truth is, there is nothing here for us.  Everyone was sad and disappointed when we loaded the car and said goodbye. 

Once unpacking, things started to fall apart.  Sam got really sick to his stomach and had severe pain.  I tried to make him comfortable so he could get some sleep.  He got a little sleep but woke up doubled over in pain and nausea.  I watched him for the morning but by noon, he was feeling well enough to make it to his afternoon classes. 

I picked up our dog from the Kennel where he was boarding and he smelled so bad of vomit.  I gave him a bath as soon as we walked in the door but he has been throwing up about every half hour since noon.  Now it's just straight blood.  I called our Vet at about 10 and I am trying to get the vomiting stopped with Pepto Bismal and Zofran.  We have huge quantities of those so that seemed easy.  I am really worried that he isn't even going to make it through the night!  It's one thing to keep a kid 'alive' and comfortable but another thing to nurse a dog back to health.  I am fearing that he is going to need an IV in the morning and a blood transfusion and I will be faced with the ugly decision to spend money to keep a dog alive, money I don't really have to spend on an added expense such as this or hoping he can survive without medical intervention.  If he dies, my kids will be devastated.  He has by far been the most lovable dog we have had.  I made him a bed in the laundry room and Shelbie is going to sleep in there with him tonight.  I need to go to bed but I really am worried so I will probably end up staying up tonight too....because....

Spencer is sick tonight!  It started with chest pain.  Severe chest pain that makes it hard to breathe.  I came in the living room after cleaning Bentley up and he was doubled over.  Then the nausea began and he is very, very uncomfortable.  So, between Spencer and the dog, it's going to be a long night.  I'm thinking that Spencer has an ulcer; at least that would explain the chest pain along with nausea. 

I hope everyone makes it through the night.  Even if I did go to bed, I would just be laying there wondering if I should have taken Spencer in to the ER and the dog to the animal hospital.  Hopefully, it all works out.   
Photobucket

Comments

  1. That is too bad! I'm sorry you have all of that at once to deal with. I hope everyone gets feeling better soon-including the poor dog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts