Skip to main content

Welcome Home Spencer!

It's been a whirlwind of a week!

My missionary returned home safely on Wednesday night.  It was an amazing experience.  I have to admit, I was pretty emotional all day.  In two years, I have never shed a tear over Spencer being gone and Wednesday, my thoughts were filled with tender memories of Spencer's life and everything we have been through.  I figured I deserved to cry now!

Remember how I said I had hired a photographer?  The best decision of my life!  I'm so glad I did.  She was amazing.  It was so nice to not have tell people to stand still, smile, pose...she just snapped away, all candid shots.  She posted this awesome one of us walking out of the airport!  I love it!!  I adore it!! I could look at all day long!

It's a picture of joy!  Complete happiness and the whole point to life...Family.  I even love that my ex husband and his little girl are in the picture.  We have worked really hard to continue to have a good relationship for the sake of our kids and each other's happiness.  Contention is just not worth it.  We are all happy and get along great!  It's the best kind of divorce to have.

Just like old times, these three can't take a serious picture!  Oh well...It was good to see them back in their groove! 

We went for dinner after the airport and took a minute for a couple of pictures outside. 

Below is a sweet video my Wasband's nephew made.  I didn't know he was doing this but it was such a wonderful surprise!  I love it.  I love that this moment was captured. 

I will post more pictures when I get them back from the photographer but I wanted to check in before anymore time passed.


  1. So exciting! I'm glad for your family!

  2. These pictures are beautiful! What a treasure and how fun to have him home. Congrats!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Obscure Sorrows

I sat on the bench like I usually do on Saturday mornings, the organ music was slow and quiet.  I think that's why I like playing there; its just slow and quiet.  I set the pace.  I mostly keep my eye on the music for fear of messing up but I did notice a couple walk in.  I had known them a few years ago, not well, but enough.  Enough to notice each other and say Hi.  I had heard recently that she had breast cancer.  She's likely a good 10 years younger than me.  Her red wig was striking, her eyebrows carefully in place and by all accounts, she made cancer look good.  
I had the strangest feeling I've never had before.  She has no idea, that somehow, I know all about her recent strife with cancer.  I have heard how it struck, how she deals; I know more than a distant acquaintance like me should know.   She is living this complicated, unfair, story that went off in a way she scarcely expected.  For a moment, I felt like I was an extra in her 3rd act; the struggle.  And, I wo…

A Witness

I was expecting just another run of the mill night at the gym last night.  The kind where the 'meat heads' stay at their end of the gym grunting and groaning to sound strong and I would claim a little corner in the room where the Yogi's hang out and Plank, and there I would Spin on a bike for a few miles, do some rowing, a little TRX and finish up with some free weights.

Last night though, I actually decided to do an easier workout and took an inclined walk on the treadmill.  There were no meat heads in far end of the gym.  No one really at the gym at all.  For the longest time, I kept pace with an old guy on a bike behind me.

But then, a man and his son came in.  I knew them.  I knew them well but they don't know just how well I know them.  They have a son who passed away from Cystic Fibrosis a little while ago, he would have been Spencer's age now.  They have a younger son who also has CF.  I knew his wife and mother in law back when my kids were being diagnosed.…


It has been an emotional weekend!  Holy Smokes.  I need a vacation from being sensitive.

It's been months since I have been able to find my homeless friend May.

Monday, I had this overwhelming feeling that she was in trouble and it dawned on me that I should call the apartment where she was last known to be.  They didn't answer.  They didn't answer my call all week!  Finally, yesterday (Friday) they called me back.  I was afraid that they wouldn't give me any information about May since I wasn't family so I lied!  I told them she was my great Aunt.  The manager hummed and hawed and finally gave the phone to a man who wondered what I wanted with her.  After some convincing, he told me that she had been arrested and taken to the State Mental Hospital.

I was so sad!  I immediately called the State Hospital and asked if I could speak to her but of course, they can't tell me if she is there or not...and, I couldn't remember her first, legal name.  She has sever…