Green around the gills

Shelbie is officially sick.  We haven't experienced this degree of sickness in a very long time!

She started her H Pylori medication, finally, on Monday!  Not even an hour after her first dose of 5 pills, she was laying on the bathroom floor crying and calling me to come home from work.

If she isn't laying in her bed crying with nausea and pain, she is laying on the bathroom floor.  She hasn't eaten anything but mini soda crackers and a slice or two of bread.  Even water won't settle in her gut!

I think she is dehydrated and that might be aggravating the side effects of the pills. Despite all the Prevacid she is taking, she is full to her eyeballs with acid.  I keep telling her that food will help to regulate the acid but she won't eat because of the pain it causes and the increased nausea.

In addition to all of this, she is completely off her Citalopram, her anti depressant.  That is making all this so much worse.  Today, she was mad at me because I didn't make any attempts to help her.  She was upset with all the appointments she has this week for photo shoots.  I told her she should cancel them since she couldn't even keep her head up straight.  She got mad because she can't just cancel.  Then when she was editing, she cried because she was so tired and feeling so sick.  I encouraged her to just edit two pictures then lay down and rest.  She got mad that I was not giving her permission to not edit!

Good grief!  What a mess.  I know she is not in her right state of mind right now and I don't blame her but it's still hard to hear her tell me I don't care about her.  I do care but that doesn't really matter, her perception right now is that I am not doing enough to help her or doing the wrong thing to help her.

Oh well...just two more weeks of this.  I feel so sorry for her.  She is clearly very sick.

Sam's been doing his best to help her.  While I was at work this afternoon, he made soup for her.  She didn't eat it but it was nice of him to try.

If things are the same tomorrow, I may have to take her up to the hospital for some fluids.  Ugh.

Not only that, in the past when Shelbie has had a bad illness such as this, it revs up her immune system and it starts attacking the things it shouldn't, like platelets.  It is also creating her mitochondria to short circuit and that stinks.  You can just see her body fighting so hard.  It's kind of sad to watch.  It's a helpless feeling as well.  Hopefully, she gets through this without any horrible repercussions.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts