Watch Out Disney...And Give Kids the World
![]() |
| This is where we will be staying- Give Kids The World |
As I mentioned in my last post, Sam has been granted a wish from Make A Wish! His wish was to go to the biggest, scariest, fastest, baddest roller coasters in the United States! He had three places in mind, Disney, Cedarpoint in Ohio and Six Flags in California. He did a lot of research on which roller coasters are in which park. I think Cedarpoint was his first choice but Disney had a little more to offer so he went with Disney World as his first choice.
So, Disney it is. He doesn't know he is getting a wish yet. He has been hoping that he can go before Spencer leaves so he has some company on the roller coasters. I hate roller coasters but I will ride them for Sam. You watch, I will!
He is still a little traumatized from the Hurricane Sandy in New York last fall. He brings it up a lot and asks a lot of questions like, "What kind of natural disasters does Florida get if I go there?"
"Hurricanes." I say
"Whhhhaaaatttt? Oh man, not another hurricane! Do they get earthquakes or tornadoes?"
"No, not tornadoes, Ohio does though. Sam, we are old pros at hurricanes now. Been there, done that!"
"Oh geez, maybe I should just do a shopping spree at Walmart or something cause you know something freaky is going to happen to us! With my luck, I will be at the top of a roller coaster and a tornado will come out of nowhere and suck me up and I will never be found."
It's funny, but it's not. It's somewhat true, we have the weirdest luck! We can't even go to McDonald's without experiencing something strange. Even their dad commented on how weird things get for us. I guess it's me. I hate boring and normal!
I'm trying to figure out a fun way to tell him. I was thinking it would be fun to surprise him just an hour before we leave. Have his suitcase packed with brand new shorts, shirts, sandals and sunscreen. Balloons, Mickey Mouse ears, you know the hats, not his real ears...duh! Just kidding. Maybe a little more Disney stuff. I think he will be shocked because we leave just two weeks before Spencer leaves so he is going to assume it won't work out. Of course, I will play up the fact that it's never going to happen. I get excited for him just thinking about the surprise!
Feel free to respond with any ideas...and if you have any Disney tips. Shelbie's been doing some great research on all the freebies and deals available. We will be staying at the coolest place on earth, Give Kids The World. Ice Cream Sundaes anytime of the day, it's like it's own little amusement park. Here are some more pics of our accommodations. It's a resort in itself and just for kids with life threatening illnesses. Keep in mind, the following pictures are just our 'Hotel'.
I can't even believe the fun that Sam is going to have! Make a Wish has been a blessing for the kids!




.jpg)
.jpg)
Orlando is far enough inland that hurricanes aren't usually a problem. We went in September,2011 during hurricane season and had no problems.
ReplyDeletehow fun!! I think I have some pins on disney tips in my travel board on pinterst. I"ll have to keep my eyes open for more. =)
ReplyDelete