Weight Watchers and Lymph Nodes

Weird title right?  Well, here's the latest developments over the past couple of days.  Shelbie started Weight Watchers.  What that really means is that we are all on Weight Watchers because I refuse to cook several different meals.  It's a healthy way to go anyways and not too far off from how I typically eat but quite a bridge to cross for the kids.

It's going alright and Shelbie has made quite a transformation in her eating habits.  She has found out that she has to be willing to try some new foods, vegetables she has flat out refused.  I don't eat breakfast and grab a yogurt for lunch and she has to eat three meals a day so she has started making her own breakfast and lunch.  I always knew she could cook, I guess I just never gave her the opportunity.  That part is all great!

It will be interesting to see how well this works.  I'm not sure how weight loss works in a person with a metabolic disorder and the far reaching problems she has.  Doctors have told her not to even try since her body is using all it's energy to just keep her major organs functioning and lets the non essential things go.  I hope it works, I know how much Shelbie wants to lose a few pounds.

I made some cookies tonight and didn't want Shelbie to feel deprived so I made her some 'Weight Watcher' sized cookies...
The big cookie is just a normal sized cookie, the little ones are diet sized at just a half a teaspoon!  I worked out the calorie count on the normal cookie and estimate the little cookies to be about 15 calories for one!  How fun!

Okay, so moving on...I don't know what's up with Spencer.  His lymph nodes are so swollen he couldn't even eat dinner or barely drink.  It even hurts to move his tongue and talk.  He doesn't have any other symptoms.  I filled him up with Advil in hopes the inflammation will go down a bit.  I guess tomorrow we will head back to the doctors.  I'm sure it's just that darn Cytomegalovirus but better safe than sorry.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. only 15 calories?! I should have eaten the whole plate you brought over! ;) They were super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts