Of Course

Today, Spencer had a physical for last step in sending off his missionary papers!  Hooray!  I love how people look at me when I tell them he is planning a mission.  They have this, "Are you kidding me?" look on their face.  It's true.  It seems everything we do is a little unconventional and hard to believe.

Part of the physical included having a Tuberculosis test.  I told Spencer it was no big deal, I had one six weeks ago and it barely hurt and you could barely see the needle prick.  Instantly, when the nurse injected him his arm swelled right up!  I couldn't believe what I was seeing!  The doctor came back in to start the actual exam and looked at his arm and said, "Holy smokes! I have never seen that before?  You better pray that calms down in the next 48 hours or we have a mess on our hands!"

That's always comforting!  That's all we need, Tuberculosis on top of everything else that poor kid is suffering with right now.  I think God is just testing us, testing our Faith.  I'm not giving up the idea of him serving a mission and neither is he.  If the truth be told, he has way more hope than I do.  Sometimes, I do feel overwhelmed that we are just pretending everything is okay when really it's not.  Those feelings never last long though and I have to believe that God is preparing a great place for Spencer to serve his fellow men.  He wants this so badly!  We will wait patiently for the results.  I doubt he has tuberculosis but it is sort of a scary thought.  And, whenever I think something is impossible, it seems to always happen so I am trying not to listen to my head right now.

In other news, Sam's toe is still infected but the skin is starting to die around the infection so that is a good sign that things are under control at least.  They wanted to do another injection of Rocephin but Sam begged to not do that.  The doctor said we could wait another day or two and if it continues on this healing trend, we can just stick with oral antibiotics.

I started my Enbrel injections finally!  I had to keep putting it off because of a sinus infection.  I had my injection on Friday and can I tell you it hurt like a sucker!!!  The patient leaflet said to expect some mild swelling at the injection site.  Mild swelling???  I have a baseball size lump sticking out of my thigh!  You can even see it through my pants!  It is so red, it is starting to look purple and it's hard as a rock and hot to the touch.  I don't think it's infected but it's something weird!  I have two days before my next injection and they suggest doing it in my stomach this time....not on your life! No sir, No way!!!! I'm not even sure I want to do it again at all, the pain is annoying, the kind you just can't get away from.  We shall see...It's hard to sell me on this drug when the first side effect mentioned, after the obvious like pain at the injection site, is Lymphoma.  Oh, hey, sign me up for that!  Crippling arthritis and lymphoma?  Sounds like a party to me.  Ugh.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts