Follow up on Spencer
Took Spence in to the doctors again to see if he could get any relief from his sore throat and extremely over sized lymph nodes and glands. After the examination, the doctor was sure Spencer had strep throat because it was covered in little white, infected sores. Even though he didn't have any other symptoms that would indicate strep, we cultured it and it came back negative.
It looks like this is the CMV just continuing to cause problems. The doctor said it can take a good 7-21 days for the sore throat and flu like symptoms to resolve but the fatigue hangs on forever. This was a new doctor we were seeing and he must not have heard me at the beginning when I told him this has been going on since last October. When I reminded him, he was speechless.
No antibiotics, no anti virals but he did give him a big steroid shot to see if that will bring the swelling of his lymph nodes down some.
When we were done, Shelbie and Spencer walked out of the room ahead of me, I was finishing up a visit with the nurse. When I got to the end of hall, Spencer was collapsed on a chair, face down and Shelbie was laughing so hard I thought she was going to pee her pants. I guess half way down the hall, his leg went numb from the shot they gave him in his hip and all he could do was drag his darn leg. We stood there laughing so hard, even Spencer was laughing at the situation, until he could get himself out to the car.
Fun times at the doctor! Hoping the steroids offer some relief.
It looks like this is the CMV just continuing to cause problems. The doctor said it can take a good 7-21 days for the sore throat and flu like symptoms to resolve but the fatigue hangs on forever. This was a new doctor we were seeing and he must not have heard me at the beginning when I told him this has been going on since last October. When I reminded him, he was speechless.
No antibiotics, no anti virals but he did give him a big steroid shot to see if that will bring the swelling of his lymph nodes down some.
When we were done, Shelbie and Spencer walked out of the room ahead of me, I was finishing up a visit with the nurse. When I got to the end of hall, Spencer was collapsed on a chair, face down and Shelbie was laughing so hard I thought she was going to pee her pants. I guess half way down the hall, his leg went numb from the shot they gave him in his hip and all he could do was drag his darn leg. We stood there laughing so hard, even Spencer was laughing at the situation, until he could get himself out to the car.
Fun times at the doctor! Hoping the steroids offer some relief.
oh man, that's a long time to have a sore throat! poor spencer! Hope he has feeling in his leg by now! that's crazy his leg went that numb from the shot, but i"m sure it was a funny sight!
ReplyDelete