Humming along
Things have been quiet on the home front! Not very often I can say that. It has been 48 hours since anyone had any sort of problems or discomfort. Shelbie is on her 'good' week after a rough two weeks after infusion and no headaches today. I think she is having cluster headaches which is a completely different animal from migraines with a completely different kind of treatment, or so I have read.
Spencer got his groove back and he is back to his studies and flying through his last two science classes! Tonight, we tried to finish his application papers for his mission. We are Latter Day Saints and he has chosen to serve a 2 year mission. Now, this is where I start to see jaws drop and that "Watcha talkin about Willis?" I know, it's hard to believe that Spencer will be able to go to some random place far and away, work 16 hour days and not get sick.
I don't know if they will let him go or not but we are moving forward with faith and hope that he will be able to. He is worthy and ready to serve the Lord. Filling out those papers was hard in more ways than one. They were hard just because of the immense amount of information required. Hard because when you have to detail out his health problems, it gets extremely overwhelming. Question after question I had to expound on why he feels sick every day, why his extremities go numb and tingly why, why, why.
After a couple of hours of that, I thought to myself, "Who are we kidding? They are never in their right minds going to allow him to serve a mission, NEVER!" It kind of felt a bit hopeless and sad. I asked Spencer if he felt okay about things and he too was overwhelmed and didn't feel too hopeful.
Enough of that, we have to stay positive. Spencer wants this more than anything and he has lived a life that reflects the light of Christ. When most boys his age have or are experimenting with drugs, alcohol, and sexual promiscuity, he has kept himself clean morally and physically. He has spent countless hours in service to those around him and despite all his health challenges, he just keeps moving forward. He is a great young man, an amazing young man and anyone who meets him will feel his love.
I am both excited and nervous for the next few weeks. All the paperwork is done, now for all the papers that have to be signed by all his doctors...that is this week's challenge. It's not going to be easy.
So, can't complain about how things are going. I feel glad for the break in problems. I can feel a little more energy in the house and that is a great thing!
Spencer got his groove back and he is back to his studies and flying through his last two science classes! Tonight, we tried to finish his application papers for his mission. We are Latter Day Saints and he has chosen to serve a 2 year mission. Now, this is where I start to see jaws drop and that "Watcha talkin about Willis?" I know, it's hard to believe that Spencer will be able to go to some random place far and away, work 16 hour days and not get sick.
I don't know if they will let him go or not but we are moving forward with faith and hope that he will be able to. He is worthy and ready to serve the Lord. Filling out those papers was hard in more ways than one. They were hard just because of the immense amount of information required. Hard because when you have to detail out his health problems, it gets extremely overwhelming. Question after question I had to expound on why he feels sick every day, why his extremities go numb and tingly why, why, why.
After a couple of hours of that, I thought to myself, "Who are we kidding? They are never in their right minds going to allow him to serve a mission, NEVER!" It kind of felt a bit hopeless and sad. I asked Spencer if he felt okay about things and he too was overwhelmed and didn't feel too hopeful.
Enough of that, we have to stay positive. Spencer wants this more than anything and he has lived a life that reflects the light of Christ. When most boys his age have or are experimenting with drugs, alcohol, and sexual promiscuity, he has kept himself clean morally and physically. He has spent countless hours in service to those around him and despite all his health challenges, he just keeps moving forward. He is a great young man, an amazing young man and anyone who meets him will feel his love.
I am both excited and nervous for the next few weeks. All the paperwork is done, now for all the papers that have to be signed by all his doctors...that is this week's challenge. It's not going to be easy.
So, can't complain about how things are going. I feel glad for the break in problems. I can feel a little more energy in the house and that is a great thing!
It will all work out how it's supposed to :) even if he's not sent to Africa, he could be sent a state over, or somewhere there's family. You never know how it will all work out!
ReplyDelete