Big News
Well, the great awaited day has arrived. Sam is getting a Wish! Make A Wish informed me that he is eligible and his Wish Granters have been assigned and things should start rolling.
I talked to Sam last week when we knew for sure, to see what he was thinking about in terms of Wishing. That boy surprises me everyday! You think you know your kids and then...from out of nowhere.
First off, he didn't seem very excited. I was asking him if he wanted to meet someone, be something, go somewhere, the skies the limit. He kept saying, "I don't know, it's hard to say."
"Well, lots of kids choose Disney. I know one girl who did a Cruise! You could visit a city you've always wanted to see, meet someone famous?"
"Mom! Why would I choose to go somewhere? I don't want to die yet?"
"What do you mean? You won't die visiting a different city?"
"Really? You've already forgotten about New York? That was terrifying! We have the worst luck. I would wish for a cruise and then a Tsunami would come and we will all die when the waves come crashing down. Is that what you want?"
I thought he was just being dramatic and sarcastic but he really is a bit nervous! It surprised me because we weren't close to dying in New York for Hurricane Sandy and he didn't even seem phased by it at the time. He didn't seem scared at all! Unlike me! It's true, we have lousy luck and whenever we try to do something fun to get a break from everything, it ends up being more hassle than it was worth, almost.
Then, he went on to give all the reasons why a Wish was a bad idea. I finally convinced him that it wasn't a bad idea. He didn't need to feel pressured to go somewhere, he could do something right here! So, he started thinking...Again, I was surprised when he said he's always wanted to spend an entire week riding the biggest, baddest roller coasters in the United States.
What?
That's cool but I had no idea he loved Roller Coasters like that! I mean enough to spend a week riding them!
It will be interesting to see what he finally decides...Stay tuned!
I talked to Sam last week when we knew for sure, to see what he was thinking about in terms of Wishing. That boy surprises me everyday! You think you know your kids and then...from out of nowhere.
First off, he didn't seem very excited. I was asking him if he wanted to meet someone, be something, go somewhere, the skies the limit. He kept saying, "I don't know, it's hard to say."
"Well, lots of kids choose Disney. I know one girl who did a Cruise! You could visit a city you've always wanted to see, meet someone famous?"
"Mom! Why would I choose to go somewhere? I don't want to die yet?"
"What do you mean? You won't die visiting a different city?"
"Really? You've already forgotten about New York? That was terrifying! We have the worst luck. I would wish for a cruise and then a Tsunami would come and we will all die when the waves come crashing down. Is that what you want?"
I thought he was just being dramatic and sarcastic but he really is a bit nervous! It surprised me because we weren't close to dying in New York for Hurricane Sandy and he didn't even seem phased by it at the time. He didn't seem scared at all! Unlike me! It's true, we have lousy luck and whenever we try to do something fun to get a break from everything, it ends up being more hassle than it was worth, almost.
Then, he went on to give all the reasons why a Wish was a bad idea. I finally convinced him that it wasn't a bad idea. He didn't need to feel pressured to go somewhere, he could do something right here! So, he started thinking...Again, I was surprised when he said he's always wanted to spend an entire week riding the biggest, baddest roller coasters in the United States.
What?
That's cool but I had no idea he loved Roller Coasters like that! I mean enough to spend a week riding them!
It will be interesting to see what he finally decides...Stay tuned!
that is awesome!! he makes me laugh! but I bet everyone was scared in New York but was just hiding it! I know I would have been! If he wants to do roller coasters go to Ceder Point in Ohio. THey have some of the fastest craziest roller coasters around! Vince went a few summers ago and he said they were crazy and loved them! were were watching one of those extreme roller coaster shows on tv and a lot of them were at Ceder Point. (he should google some videos) Vince also said there is a water park about 10 miles away from Ceder Point that has some extreme water slides! =)
ReplyDeleteWhat's funny Tanya, is that he said at one point, "Maybe I will just go to Lagoon." Are you kidding me? What, ride the old wooden roller coaster? He has no idea what is out there! I will pass the info along. Thanks.
ReplyDelete