What's the deal?

This is truly getting annoying...Shelbie woke up again this morning with bright red eyes, oozing green slime from them.  Not only that, her nose had been bleeding in the night and her teeth were caked in dried up blood.  Sorry, maybe a little graphic but true. 

I tried to flood her system this morning with histamines and antibiotics in an effort to bring her some relief.  This afternoon, her eyes have cleared up as far as the extreme redness goes but they are still goopy and slimy. 

I just don't understand what is plaguing her and how it can be hanging around for so long!  My gut tells me that this is not so much an eye problem as it is a sinus problem.  I am going to give it 3 days with this regimen I started with her today and if not, then I feel strongly that we need to get a CT scan of her sinuses to see what in the world is going on.

 She stayed in bed most of the weekend because she has felt so horrible.  This afternoon, I made her get dressed and pulled together and we went for a drive and stop by a friend's house to deliver some cookies.  Our house is blazing hot and the heat only adds to her discomfort.  It was good to  get out of the house and spend a little time in the coolness of the car. 

Welcome back to reality...This week, I will be following up with the Neurologist and Immunologist for test results still pending from June...Hard to believe some tests take this long to process.  Should be an interesting week.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I think of you guys often and keep hoping for answers for you. You are an amazing lady with an impressive will to thrive. I have learned so much from reading you blog about faith and attitude. I am praying for you and your sweet kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck. That sounds so frustrating and awful I hope you find some answers soon and that Shelbie gets feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts