It's Laughable...

It has been the strangest week which I'm sure comes as no surprise but still.  

I think I mentioned a month or so ago that we have a new nurse who oversees our neurology stuff and she has been amazing and I have really appreciated her in every way.  She helped me a ton with the all the stuff we needed for the appeals on the EEG's and Genetic testing that ultimately got denied.  

She called today, to deliver the bad news that I know owe $35,000 to the University of Utah Hospital...this is in addition to my $5000 I owe just in deductibles from days gone by I'm still catching up on.  So, it's a pretty grim situation but who cares?   Because...I do not.  I am, without a lie, beyond caring about the University of Utah hospital. 

At any rate, Addie...that's what we'll call her, was very apologetic and I thought she was going to cry about my situation however, she had been on the phone with the genetic testing company prior to calling me, and they agreed to write off our bills if we agree to pay them $100 per kid.  Which is a huge blessing!  Gigantic.  That I can do.  The bummer is, I was also informed that the genetic testing was never suppose to go through insurance in the first place because...in the words of our doctor as relayed to the nurse..."They will never get coverage again if it comes back positive." 

So, that's a fun little twist of fate but who cares?  Because...I do not.  Two of the three kids did come back positive but here's the silver lining.  The insurance company told me in the denial letter that basically there is only one genetic disease allowed per person so in that case, they can't possibly hold us to this TREX 1 gene mutation since the Dyskeratosis Congenita gene crap happened first!  So...I mean, we should be fine.  I quite sure the insurance company will still do their stand up job of taking care of our every health need.  

On a similar note...Sam had his first Telemed conference with his Cardiologist!  Isn't technology amazing that you can have a thorough exam on your heart, through Facebook!!!  What will they think of next?!   For the $350 office visit, he got to talk to a student of cardiology medicine and then 30 seconds with our doctor.  Now, normally, they calibrate his pacemaker, adjust the settings, download events of his heart, track his events of bradycardia and tachycardia etc.  It's a real hands on approach and typically, they ask how he's doing and if they don't like the answer, they adjust the pacemaker so it just doesn't pick up on the problems...so, they count it as a 'win'. 

With Telemed, it's not hands on...obviously.  So, I was really interested to see what they would do when Sam said he is feeling worse and can hardly climb a flight of stairs.  When he reported on the major struggles he had with his heart last week at the trampoline park I waited with baited breath for the answer...

Drum roll......................................

"Well, you shouldn't be at a trampoline park.  You shouldn't be going anywhere.  You're immune compromised and you need to act like it."

Ah...of course.  I immediately ran to Walmart where I could be stared at and shamed for not wearing a mask, so I ran down all the aisles the wrong way, because I can, to find Duct Tape.  Sam is currently sitting in the basement, in the dark, Duct Tape to a chair so he doesn't go anywhere or do anything with his weak heart and failing immune system...so, life just got a whole lot easier! I'm so glad to have the wisdom of medicine on my side.  It makes it a whole lot easier to control my kids. 

I do not understand the world in which we live.  I do not understand people or anything really.  I'm actually quite looking forward to see what happens with all this medical debt because quite honestly, losing this house might actually be the best thing to happen to me.  I actually went out looking at trailers yesterday when I took a drive to calm down after my client accused me of being a dishonest, horrible human being.   I think a trailer looks like home.   I'm thinking of selling this piece of crap and getting out of here but we'll see...anything could happen.  

(Please...don't contact me about Go Fund me's or bail out plans...because when I say I don't care, I honestly don't care and I'm going to see what God has in store for us and I'm sure it's going to be great!  I love living on faith and a prayer.)

One more thing...the next person who tells me I suck but uses a stupid frowny face emoji..
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts