Commitment
It's official!! Spencer popped the question; THE question to his beautiful girlfriend Ashtin. She is the sweetest soul and I am so happy for them both!
This girl has no idea what she is signing up for! Ha ha...actually, she's been here enough, she knows there's always something bizarre and insane going on. Last week, when we were knee deep in mud and tears, she was working hard and had such a cheerful countenance. They compliment each other so well. I couldn't be happier for Spencer. I think he had resigned himself to being single forever. It's not easy finding quality girls. Next week will be the one year anniversary when they met. We were driving home from Idaho Falls for Sam's birthday dinner and he was flipping through his Mutual, online dating platform when he came across her. He made some lame joke and she responded in a less than funny way. Right then, Spencer said, "Moving on! She didn't even laugh. I can't date someone serious." I got after him and said, "No way! You give her a chance. It was a stupid joke anyways. What if she is the girl of your dreams? You're going to cut her loose just because she missed the joke?"
| Welcome to the crazy family Ashtin! |
Just then, she messaged him the most hilarious come back and Spencer said, "Well, okay, maybe she's alright. I'll give her a chance." That is the end of that. These two are so funny together and we love having them around.
Speaking of commitment...I was startled awake this morning just before 6 with a banging against my window. Since my nervous system is in overdrive, I completely over-reacted and nearly hit the panic button on my security system until I realized it was a bird! A robin to be exact. For 4.5 hours, he continuously banged against my window! He would fly into it, land back on the fence post, then do it again. He took a break for a couple of hours and then started back up. Weird.
We are still limping along with the water and gas issue. I am crossing my fingers that we will be able to get the gas meter hooked back up in the morning. We got the water inspection today so as soon as that happened, I started shoveling dirt again! The gas company won't install the meter until I have the hole filled in where the meter goes. Today was another 8 hours of shoveling dirt back into the 9' hole! I did it! Yay. I'm so over this problem and I can't wait to take a hot shower. I think we have at least the rest of the week to keep working on this.
We are still limping along with the water and gas issue. I am crossing my fingers that we will be able to get the gas meter hooked back up in the morning. We got the water inspection today so as soon as that happened, I started shoveling dirt again! The gas company won't install the meter until I have the hole filled in where the meter goes. Today was another 8 hours of shoveling dirt back into the 9' hole! I did it! Yay. I'm so over this problem and I can't wait to take a hot shower. I think we have at least the rest of the week to keep working on this.




Comments
Post a Comment