Progress
Life is marching along to a quarantine drum. People ask me how we are doing and honestly, we are doing well in terms of social distancing. I've always been a fan of keeping a comfortable distance from people since the threat of all viruses and bacterias are a reality for us, and have been for some time. We have different challenges than the average bear.
I am feeling very blessed to be working and still quite busy. I have lost a few clients this week and a few more have been refusing to pay their bill, but for the most part, I can't complain. I express gratitude each and every day for the work I have left, so that I can continue to support my family. I have a lead on a new writing job that I would love to pursue but I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch.
Shelbie had another meeting with her surgeon yesterday. Things are finally moving in the right direction so for one more week, we will stay the course. I have to give a shout out to my dear friend Charlotte. She offered to make a rinse with Calendula and Marshmallow root, both which help heal the mucosa lining and actually are known to treat leukoplakia. I think that has been a big help as well, and things began to really be noticeably improved when Shelbie started the rinse. Fingers crossed things continue to improve for her.
Spencer has been home now three weeks and will be here at least another week. It has been such a sweet blessing to have all my kids home just like the good old days. I sure don't like the thought of them growing up and moving on, but, such is life.
Today the boys did the greatest service for me! They started putting the basement back together! Honestly, it's the little things I can hardly deal with. They got the drywall done and the first coat of taping. They also started installing baseboards, which we have never quite gotten to. Bigger than that...Shelbie now has a door frame!! Yay!! It feels like I won the lottery with these kids of mine. They bless my life in so many ways. Both the boys were not feeling well today but they pressed on. Spencer's been having blood pressure/heart issues for the past two days so it was awfully surprising to see him get on this project today. That made it an extra big deal and a kindness I can never repay.
Their dad came up from Utah today, so tonight, they are hanging out with him at the park. It was a beautiful day. So, all in all it was a decent day.
I am feeling very blessed to be working and still quite busy. I have lost a few clients this week and a few more have been refusing to pay their bill, but for the most part, I can't complain. I express gratitude each and every day for the work I have left, so that I can continue to support my family. I have a lead on a new writing job that I would love to pursue but I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch.
Shelbie had another meeting with her surgeon yesterday. Things are finally moving in the right direction so for one more week, we will stay the course. I have to give a shout out to my dear friend Charlotte. She offered to make a rinse with Calendula and Marshmallow root, both which help heal the mucosa lining and actually are known to treat leukoplakia. I think that has been a big help as well, and things began to really be noticeably improved when Shelbie started the rinse. Fingers crossed things continue to improve for her.
Spencer has been home now three weeks and will be here at least another week. It has been such a sweet blessing to have all my kids home just like the good old days. I sure don't like the thought of them growing up and moving on, but, such is life.
Today the boys did the greatest service for me! They started putting the basement back together! Honestly, it's the little things I can hardly deal with. They got the drywall done and the first coat of taping. They also started installing baseboards, which we have never quite gotten to. Bigger than that...Shelbie now has a door frame!! Yay!! It feels like I won the lottery with these kids of mine. They bless my life in so many ways. Both the boys were not feeling well today but they pressed on. Spencer's been having blood pressure/heart issues for the past two days so it was awfully surprising to see him get on this project today. That made it an extra big deal and a kindness I can never repay.
Their dad came up from Utah today, so tonight, they are hanging out with him at the park. It was a beautiful day. So, all in all it was a decent day.

I'm so glad it is helping. You really do have awesome kids, they have an awesome mom!!!
ReplyDelete