A Quiet Weekend
We did nothing at all this weekend and it was a welcome relief and respite. We watched all of General Conference and that is exactly what we needed to regroup and reset our perspective. It was like an immunization against all the commotion still around us as this virus rages on.
We have had a lot of difficulties this week, but we also found some time for art. A year ago, I studied more about the healing benefits of art and set up an art studio in our house. I outfitted it with all sorts of art supplies and mediums. We have faithfully, done art each week of some description. Since we have been in quarantine, everyday is filled with something creative...mostly from the kids. I'm just working as usual.
Shelbie tries to get out everyday she can for a little chalk art. She started an instagram page called New Kids on the Chalk. I can't believe how far she's come! Whenever she is out on the driveway, not just kids gather around, but the adults do too! It's been a fun way for the neighbors to feel a little less lonely.
We got back to the acrylic pours this week. It is a combination of acrylic paint, Elmer's Glue and rubbing alcohol. You pour as many colors as you want into a small cup, then tip if over on a canvas. The alcohol creates these amazing cells of color. It's pretty cool!
More chalk art...that shading though!
Today, I made cinnamon rolls and they looked amazing. Cinnamon rolls are usually hit or miss with me but these were a hit!
Shelbie's mouth has just exploded in these white painful patches and they have spread down into her throat. Some of them are raw and bleeding. Her throat is swollen, including her uvula and not only that, her uvula is covered in petichiae. Tonight I debated a trip to the ER. Clearly the medication hasn't touched it. Instead, I called our doc and we will see him first thing in the morning. I'm a little nervous but we'll see what happens next. Our Immunologist called me late Thursday night and he said he thinks her immune system is getting worse and that would explain this chain of odd and uncommon infections. He will be raising her plasma transfusions but that won't happen quickly since it becomes an issue with the insurance company and just getting all the paper work through the right channels. I was very appreciative to hear from him. Our Pulmonologist also got back to me and she is starting Shelbie on some inhalers to see if we can improve her breathing.
Spencer and Ashtin are coming home tomorrow and spending the week with us so we are all excited to be together again.
We have had a lot of difficulties this week, but we also found some time for art. A year ago, I studied more about the healing benefits of art and set up an art studio in our house. I outfitted it with all sorts of art supplies and mediums. We have faithfully, done art each week of some description. Since we have been in quarantine, everyday is filled with something creative...mostly from the kids. I'm just working as usual.
Shelbie tries to get out everyday she can for a little chalk art. She started an instagram page called New Kids on the Chalk. I can't believe how far she's come! Whenever she is out on the driveway, not just kids gather around, but the adults do too! It's been a fun way for the neighbors to feel a little less lonely.
We got back to the acrylic pours this week. It is a combination of acrylic paint, Elmer's Glue and rubbing alcohol. You pour as many colors as you want into a small cup, then tip if over on a canvas. The alcohol creates these amazing cells of color. It's pretty cool!
More chalk art...that shading though!
Today, I made cinnamon rolls and they looked amazing. Cinnamon rolls are usually hit or miss with me but these were a hit!
Shelbie's mouth has just exploded in these white painful patches and they have spread down into her throat. Some of them are raw and bleeding. Her throat is swollen, including her uvula and not only that, her uvula is covered in petichiae. Tonight I debated a trip to the ER. Clearly the medication hasn't touched it. Instead, I called our doc and we will see him first thing in the morning. I'm a little nervous but we'll see what happens next. Our Immunologist called me late Thursday night and he said he thinks her immune system is getting worse and that would explain this chain of odd and uncommon infections. He will be raising her plasma transfusions but that won't happen quickly since it becomes an issue with the insurance company and just getting all the paper work through the right channels. I was very appreciative to hear from him. Our Pulmonologist also got back to me and she is starting Shelbie on some inhalers to see if we can improve her breathing.
Spencer and Ashtin are coming home tomorrow and spending the week with us so we are all excited to be together again.






Comments
Post a Comment