Thanksgiving and more

Man, I can't believe how far behind I am in...everything. 

Thanksgiving already feels like a month in the past.  The kids had a good Thanksgiving.  Spencer made it home despite some pretty big storms.  He caught a ride with a friend who has an SUV so I felt better about him driving through the storm.  It was nice to have the kids together.  This was also our Christmas since the kids will be in Utah for Christmas with their dad.   We ate more food than necessary and did a fun service project.  We also got to host Sam's girlfriend and a sweet friend of our family who was unable to get home.  She was a good sport because we are not exactly rooted in tradition. 

Our service project was something we've never done before.  Walmart sells the cutest Gnome trees so we bought a couple, decorated them and then doorbell ditched them on strangers front steps.


I've been fighting one virus after another with some bacterial infections mixed in.  Basically, I've been on antibiotics for the past 6 weeks and not feeling much better.  By the time I got to bed on Thanksgiving night, I felt miserable so I spent the rest of the weekend being sick. 



Today was a Salt Lake trip.  The boys started their 72 hour EEG.  It's not a glamorous test by any means.  I got them settled in and then came home and their dad will be on duty till I return on Thursday.  I'm not too worried about the results.  I hope they can get some answers for Spencer's passing out and his inability to sleep.  The drive home tonight was awful.  It took me nearly 5 hours and my fever came back so it was extra miserable.  There was freezing rain for the last 60 miles and in the middle of that was a major accident so traffic was backed up for days.  

I think I forgot to mention that Shelbie had her follow up on her eye situation last week and the pressure in her eyes is coming down.  The doctor thinks the pressure is related to an autoimmune situation she currently has going on.  If we can keep a handle on that, the pressure will be manageable so that is very good news...at least much better than the first thought of glaucoma. 

We've had to do a lot of improvising to get through the days.  We are all tired.  The boys are frustrated.  They too have had a rough Fall and have missed a lot of work and all they really want is to be normal and work harder than their body allows them.  

On a good note though...Spencer's documentary he worked on in Africa won an award at the Los Angeles Film Festival!  I'm so proud of him but also the whole crew who sacrificed a lot. 

Comments

Popular Posts