Somewhere in the middle
We are somewhere in between Christmas and the New Year! I'm always so sad to see Christmas end. It really happens fast and it is a magical time of year. It is a wonder to see this weary world become transformed into something more gentle and loving, at least for a few days as we scurry about giving hope and peace, love and gentleness to those around us. Like all magic tricks...they end with an Oooooohhhh and an Awwwww.
It has taken an extra effort to keep a peaceful mindset as the world has beset it's nonsense upon us. I have yet to wrap Christmas presents let alone open anything. Tonight, I hope we will be able to celebrate Christmas...before 2020 at least.
Two procedures the boys had, though pre-authorized before they took place, have been denied, a full 6 weeks later by our insurance company. They can pre-authorize everything but it's not a guarantee of payment. I just got the letters on December 26th. I can fight it but with what energy? I am too tired to care and I dare not borrow energy for the fighting I have coming up.
In addition to this crazy stuff we keep getting hit with, there have been some disturbing problems in our little town of predominately Christian folks, that have made international news. There are two children missing, many innocent people mysteriously dead and families torn apart. My kids are friends with two of the children in the family who have a lost a mother to a mysterious death and a father who is on the run with a woman he married just days after his wife passed away. It is the saddest story when you listen to the news reports but even worse when you have another perspective like we do.
Both instances have been a startling reminder that the Adversary is doubling his efforts of despair upon us. While it's been hard to feel anything but worn out, I felt strongly I needed to take back our spirit of faith in a loving Father in Heaven and Savior.
Tonight, the kids will have things they have wanted and needed, to open and I am happy I could do this for them but I wanted to give them a piece of my heart as well. The things they know little of because I rarely take the time to tell them. I wanted to give them an anchor, something to remind them that this thing we call life is bigger than it looks. It's bigger than their our little worldly worries and annoyances; it is the test of a lifetime. It is to fit us for Heaven. As things get harder, I need them to have a daily reminder of where they can turn for truth and unconditional love. That is really what I want them to have for Christmas. So, that's what I made for them.
Family. Christ. A living Prophet and Apostles. A covenant path so they never get lost and a list of truths from General Conference on where to find Christ every single day.
When I listened to October General Conference, I wrote down a line from every talk that would help me find Christ. I have made a little postcard that will guide them until April, when I will make a new one for them to add. If you would like to down load your own copy, here it is. It can be printed on a 4x6 postcard.
I included with this gift, my testimony of hope.
So, here is our inbetween...our best effort at finding Christ in the midst of a chaotic season...our Merry New Year!
It has taken an extra effort to keep a peaceful mindset as the world has beset it's nonsense upon us. I have yet to wrap Christmas presents let alone open anything. Tonight, I hope we will be able to celebrate Christmas...before 2020 at least.
Two procedures the boys had, though pre-authorized before they took place, have been denied, a full 6 weeks later by our insurance company. They can pre-authorize everything but it's not a guarantee of payment. I just got the letters on December 26th. I can fight it but with what energy? I am too tired to care and I dare not borrow energy for the fighting I have coming up.
In addition to this crazy stuff we keep getting hit with, there have been some disturbing problems in our little town of predominately Christian folks, that have made international news. There are two children missing, many innocent people mysteriously dead and families torn apart. My kids are friends with two of the children in the family who have a lost a mother to a mysterious death and a father who is on the run with a woman he married just days after his wife passed away. It is the saddest story when you listen to the news reports but even worse when you have another perspective like we do.
Both instances have been a startling reminder that the Adversary is doubling his efforts of despair upon us. While it's been hard to feel anything but worn out, I felt strongly I needed to take back our spirit of faith in a loving Father in Heaven and Savior.
Tonight, the kids will have things they have wanted and needed, to open and I am happy I could do this for them but I wanted to give them a piece of my heart as well. The things they know little of because I rarely take the time to tell them. I wanted to give them an anchor, something to remind them that this thing we call life is bigger than it looks. It's bigger than their our little worldly worries and annoyances; it is the test of a lifetime. It is to fit us for Heaven. As things get harder, I need them to have a daily reminder of where they can turn for truth and unconditional love. That is really what I want them to have for Christmas. So, that's what I made for them.
Family. Christ. A living Prophet and Apostles. A covenant path so they never get lost and a list of truths from General Conference on where to find Christ every single day.
When I listened to October General Conference, I wrote down a line from every talk that would help me find Christ. I have made a little postcard that will guide them until April, when I will make a new one for them to add. If you would like to down load your own copy, here it is. It can be printed on a 4x6 postcard.
I included with this gift, my testimony of hope.
So, here is our inbetween...our best effort at finding Christ in the midst of a chaotic season...our Merry New Year!


Comments
Post a Comment