H Pylori

Well, just a quick update.  Shelbie has H Pylori!  Bleh!  One more illness to learn about!

I don't know much about this yet but it does require two weeks of antibiotics and a host of other pills, 6 to be accurate.  6 more pills a day!  So glad she isn't 5 years old and is use to pills.

The doctor said she has probably had it most of her life but has been symptom free up until the past few months.  It is the bacteria that can cause ulcers though we don't know if she has ulcers yet.

Tomorrow, we have to go to the hospital at 7am for abdominal testing to see if there is an ulcer brewing.  From there, if things don't settle down in two weeks, she will have a hidascan to check the gall bladder and stool studies to test for C-Diff.  I kind of think these pills will do the trick but I guess we'll see.  After the week I've had...what do I know?

I feel bad...again!  When do I ever not feel bad? This single parenting gig is getting OLD and wearing on me in a host of ways. <sigh>

There are two types of chronic illness moms...the kind who go running to the hospital or doctor at the first sign of a low grade fever or any other little abnormality.  Then there is the other kind of mom who sits back and waits...and waits...listens to the kids complain about how sick they are but thinks they are just overly sensitive so we keep waiting....and waiting and then after three months when things are only getting worse and we have wasted a quarter of the year feeling crappy....only THEN...do we schlep off to the doctor!  Then, we usually find out that there really is something wrong, seriously wrong and spend the rest of the year trying to repair the damage done from a mom that just sits around waiting....ARGGGGGGGG.

I will never find a happy medium I'm sure.  I was once the run to the doctor every day, then I flopped to the extreme and hate going, mostly because they usually say they have no idea what is wrong so why waste everyone's time?

Well, back to the drawing board...try this 'mom' thing again!  sheesh!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. =( dang. so with the antibiotics and other pills will it go away? or will she always have this and the pills? I hope it doesn't give her too much trouble and the pills help. Good luck at the hospital tomorrow. And don't feel bad, your such a great mom, and I totally understand not wanting to run to the dr. with everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts