Ground Hog day

We have Ground Hog day a lot around here.  We tend to celebrate the same themes over and over.  So, what is today's recurring theme?

Well, Sam's knee!  Yes, the old knee is giving Sam more problems.  If you recall, he had an accident last December when he fell 4' and landed on his knee cap.  That resulted in a sheared off patella, other broken bones, deep bone contusions and what they thought was a shredded ACL.  The ACL went from shredded to not, to an abnormally growing ACL that is freakishly small.

The doctor went back and forth about whether or not to operate and the insurance company decided that they would not pay for reconstruction.

He's been doing just fine since March.  Things seemed to heal up great and he has been doing all the activities he loves.  Well, Thursday, he did a flip and landed just fine but his knee hyper-extended and  gave way.

I have been hoping that it was just a strain so we've been icing it, keeping it wrapped and doing easy stretches, taking Ibuprofen but nothing is helping.  He can't even just stand still without his knee giving out and hyper extending.  I don't think that is a very good sign since it's the same knee with the abnormal ACL.

Sam has not been a happy camper.  Without being able to be active every day, all day, he is going to make life miserable for the rest of us!  He is in a brace now and I was certain that the brace would allow him to at least go long boarding but no such luck.

I guess Monday, I will be setting up appointments to see our Ortho doc for a consult.

There is truth to the statement, no rest for the wicked...though, this wicked girl is going to try to lay low this afternoon and tomorrow.  I had to clean two buildings yesterday and managed to break open part of one of the incisions so that was fun to clean up and didn't help in the pain department either.  Oh well, such is life.

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts