Whining fest
I think this blog is starting to sound like one post after the other of me whining! It seems like all I do anymore is whine about one thing or another. I don't mean to, I really don't but it's kind of starting to sound like that. Oh well, why stop now?
Still waiting for the insurance company to give the okay to start intensive testing on Sam to figure out this knee issue. In the meantime, it has been one crazy kind of week.
Sam spent nearly all day at the hospital in a nearby town on Tuesday. On Wednesday, Shelbie did her time here in town for her monthly transfusion. It was long but went well, no reactions.
Thursday was spent trying to catch up on work I missed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Friday, not so good. Shelbie ended up in the ER because of extreme pain. Came home late Friday night.
Saturday, not so good. Shelbie woke up worse than Friday! Took her back to the ER for some help in getting on top of the pain. Why is when you go to the ER twice in less than 12 hours apart they think something magically changed with the insurance coverage, drug allergies and weight?
Really, do they really think I went home and changed my insurance, had a pill party with the neighbors drugs, developed some allergies and fed her the entire refrigerator so that she would gain a modest 20 or 30 pounds overnight? Then, I love it when the nurse takes all this time to write down the medical history, the very same history the nurse recorded the night before, only to have the doctor come in for another rendition of the same story! Can't they share notes, or maybe it's because the nurse writes on a paper towel and then probably blows her nose into it or wipes up the guy's vomit next door. I don't know what happens to those notes but they don't seem to be very accessible.
Then, I always chuckle when the ER doctor says, "Seems to me you shouldn't do these transfusions if you end up in the hospital every month!" He says it as if it is optional, like we just keep ramming her head into a brick wall for the fun of it and then wonder why it hurts.
Going to the ER always makes for a good time. It's even better when I text my Wasband to let him know we are going back to the hospital and he says, "I don't think you should have to take her back up, she is suppose to be better by now." Okay...well, I tried to reason with the meningitis earlier in the day, reminding it that it should have been gone long before now but it was being onery and refused to leave so, here we are, chasing it out with a little ER elixir.
Sheesh...it's going to be another all-nighter of trying to get my work done, that thing that allows me to buy Ramen noodles to feed the hungry kids. I am glad that Shelbie sleeping peacefully right now. She really needs a break from this pain. Poor girl!
Still waiting for the insurance company to give the okay to start intensive testing on Sam to figure out this knee issue. In the meantime, it has been one crazy kind of week.
Sam spent nearly all day at the hospital in a nearby town on Tuesday. On Wednesday, Shelbie did her time here in town for her monthly transfusion. It was long but went well, no reactions.
Thursday was spent trying to catch up on work I missed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Friday, not so good. Shelbie ended up in the ER because of extreme pain. Came home late Friday night.
Saturday, not so good. Shelbie woke up worse than Friday! Took her back to the ER for some help in getting on top of the pain. Why is when you go to the ER twice in less than 12 hours apart they think something magically changed with the insurance coverage, drug allergies and weight?
Really, do they really think I went home and changed my insurance, had a pill party with the neighbors drugs, developed some allergies and fed her the entire refrigerator so that she would gain a modest 20 or 30 pounds overnight? Then, I love it when the nurse takes all this time to write down the medical history, the very same history the nurse recorded the night before, only to have the doctor come in for another rendition of the same story! Can't they share notes, or maybe it's because the nurse writes on a paper towel and then probably blows her nose into it or wipes up the guy's vomit next door. I don't know what happens to those notes but they don't seem to be very accessible.
Then, I always chuckle when the ER doctor says, "Seems to me you shouldn't do these transfusions if you end up in the hospital every month!" He says it as if it is optional, like we just keep ramming her head into a brick wall for the fun of it and then wonder why it hurts.
Going to the ER always makes for a good time. It's even better when I text my Wasband to let him know we are going back to the hospital and he says, "I don't think you should have to take her back up, she is suppose to be better by now." Okay...well, I tried to reason with the meningitis earlier in the day, reminding it that it should have been gone long before now but it was being onery and refused to leave so, here we are, chasing it out with a little ER elixir.
Sheesh...it's going to be another all-nighter of trying to get my work done, that thing that allows me to buy Ramen noodles to feed the hungry kids. I am glad that Shelbie sleeping peacefully right now. She really needs a break from this pain. Poor girl!
dang. poor Shelbie. Hope she's feeling better now. let me know if I can do something!
ReplyDelete