Ready or not

Just in the past day or so, I feel like I am ready to take on 2013 and all it has to offer.  So, far, it has offered up a full plate.

I am still waiting on a surgery date for Sam!  Who knew this could be so complicated and drawn out and Americans think you have to wait a long time in Canada for medical treatment!  It's been 4 weeks since Sam's accident and still no news on when this is going to happen.  I am getting a bit anxious with each passing day but I keep trying to remind myself that there must be a good reason for the delay.  Whatever the reason, I have a feeling we will find something out this week.

Shelbie is having her transfusion this week.  I have never been so excited for transfusion day as I have this one!  She has been miserable!  Just totally miserable for an entire month.  It takes every ounce of energy to get through the day.  I still find it hard to understand the whole Mitochondrial stuff.

Spencer is doing much better!  He got sick on Christmas day and just barely turned a corner on Saturday.  He was doing all sorts of weird stuff like feeling like he had a fever but his temperature was really low.  After taking him to the doctors this week and getting antibiotics started, things are looking up.

We have been involved with my friend's funeral this week and the boys were asked to be pall bearers. We attended the viewing on Thursday night, even Spencer said he thought he would be okay to go since it was just for a few minutes.  We were standing in line, waiting to see the family and Spencer said, "Would this be a bad time to pass out?"
He was white as a ghost as they say..."Ahhh...in a funeral home?  Ya, bad timing."  I tried to get him to sit down on the floor right where he was or even lean over to get some blood to his head but he wanted nothing of the sorts.  He just stood there swaying while Sam and I grabbed hold of his arms. Thankfully, he did not pass out but he was not looking good.  Dumb Mito!

All in all, I am feeling ready to see what this week has in store.  Hoping that Shelbie gets some relief and Spencer stays on the mend and Sam gets a new knee!  It could be a big week!

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts