This little piggy...
Shelbie was in a super freaky accident on Friday night. I had to drop off my laptop at a repair place out in the country. When we got there, they were just finishing sawing up a huge tree that had blown down over their driveway. While I was talking to my computer guy, Shelbie noticed that his daughter was struggling to lift a large log into the already heaping, full of logs utility trailer.
As they through it in, the trailer slammed to the ground, landing on Shelbie's toes! At first, I didn't compute what had happened as I watched from a distance. She just stood there so I questioned what I had seen. It took her over a minute to realize herself what had happened. finally, I saw the horror and pain on her face and she was trying so hard not to cry. I walked over to her and when I saw her feet, I too was horrified!
After getting some ice, I rushed into town to the Emergency Room. There was blood pouring out from her feet. Considering the condition of her blood these days and leaking veins from the vasculitis, I wasn't sure what we would be facing.
Thankfully, there were no broken bones, just severe bruising and tons of pain. It is ugly! We have to be careful about infection now since her immune system is barely hanging on and two full days, later, they are still bleeding! I don't know what to do. I guess I will call the doc tomorrow. That darn vasculitis!
So, her little piggys are not feeling so well and they will not be going to market anytime soon.
As they through it in, the trailer slammed to the ground, landing on Shelbie's toes! At first, I didn't compute what had happened as I watched from a distance. She just stood there so I questioned what I had seen. It took her over a minute to realize herself what had happened. finally, I saw the horror and pain on her face and she was trying so hard not to cry. I walked over to her and when I saw her feet, I too was horrified!
After getting some ice, I rushed into town to the Emergency Room. There was blood pouring out from her feet. Considering the condition of her blood these days and leaking veins from the vasculitis, I wasn't sure what we would be facing.
Thankfully, there were no broken bones, just severe bruising and tons of pain. It is ugly! We have to be careful about infection now since her immune system is barely hanging on and two full days, later, they are still bleeding! I don't know what to do. I guess I will call the doc tomorrow. That darn vasculitis!
So, her little piggys are not feeling so well and they will not be going to market anytime soon.
Comments
Post a Comment