Frustration...

Today I had my follow up with the Rheumatologist.  I was hoping for a stable report at least but the xrays showed that the degeneration has hit my thoracic vertabrae.  That is awful news!  I was not prepared to hear that.  Not only Ankylosing Spondylitis a problem for me but as of today, I have confirmed Osteoarthritis in my back.  What a complicated mess!

With ankylosing spondylitis, moving helps with the pain and inflammation.  The more you move the better your odds of putting it in remission.  With osteoarthritis, moving and exercise can actually create more pain.  Arrghhhh, so now what?

Well, the assistant I saw today was not a lot of help.  Of course they want me on injections but the cost of that is well over $1500 so it's completely out of the question.  My only option in anti-inflammatory meds and muscle relaxers.  He wants me to start physical therapy and massage therapy but those too come with a hefty price tag. 

Next week, I have to go see a pulmonologist because of the inflammation being in my ribs.  My body thinks it is healing the bad joint by replacing it with bone.  If it gets too bad, my lungs will not be able to expand because the ribs won't be flexible enough to allow for that function.   My doctor is concerned I have already lost some function in my lungs so I have to go for a baseline test. 

It's annoying and frustrating and I really don't have the time or patience to put up with this; not now, not ever!  I came home from my appointment and found out my credit card number had been stolen and they racked up a bunch of charges and a letter of denial from my insurance company on a couple of recent claims that are well over $1000.00.  I will be fighting with them of course, it's just nonsense.  I pay $800 a month for private insurance with an $11,000 deductible and co insurance, you would think they would cover something!! 

I need to meet with the physical therapist and see what he thinks and then I will have to assess my cleaning jobs and see if there's anyway I can retire from cleaning to try and save my back.  I'm pretty sure I can't since that is pretty much the only lame income I can count on.  Days like this just make me want to throw my hands up and run away.
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Ugh that is so annoying! I hate insurance! You can't live without it, but it always seems like you get the raw end of the deal! Ugh so frustrating! I'm sorry I hope everything works out! Sure miss you Kathy, you are so sweet. And you're family is so beautiful! You are so lucky to have such good kids and they are so lucky to have such a hard-working mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry! That is rough. I wish I had something helpful to say but I don't except that I hope things get better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. psh, you have no other stress!
    sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I could feel my body starting to fall apart last year, I can only imagine how hard it is to deal with what you have on your plate all the time, not to mention how hard it is on your body. Hang in there. I hope you can figurer something out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts