Almost...

The last few weeks have been sketchy as far as the kids' health is concerned.  I was glad that I could send them off to their dad's in relatively good shape.  Shelbie was still yawning chronically and nauseated more than not but no new symptoms, until today of course, Christmas Day!  We almost made it through Christmas without any problems!

Sam was doing well and other than some frost bite and wind burn on Spencer's nose from snowboarding a couple of days ago, he was okay too, until today of course! 

When the kids were here, Shelbie couldn't stop belching.  I'm talking about loud, obnoxious belching.  It's been happening all day and continues tonight.  In 19 years, I don't recall ever hearing her belch or burp really.  Maybe once or twice but today, she was doing it every few seconds just like the hiccups only it wasn't hiccups.  Even the boys were not impressed and you know boys, they think any bodily noise is hilarious.  Spencer said, "Mom, make her stop!  It's not cool for girls to burp." The sad thing was, she wasn't doing it on purpose and couldn't control it.  I googled that and once again, an ulcer came up as the possible problem.  That was also a possible problem for the yawning along with cranial nerve damage.  Tomorrow, we are off to the doctors, if they are open. 

Then Spencer blew his nose while he was here and the scabs on the end of his nose from frostbite broke open and were pouring blood.  We kept pressure on it for several minutes but it would not let up.  We put a bandaid over it and it bled through the bandaid.  It was horrible.  When they had to leave, it was still bleeding.  A few minutes later, I got a picture text from Shelbie of Spencer.  His mouth is covered in petechiae and purpura!  OMG!!  I am praying his platelets haven't tanked.  Surely he is not going down the same road as Shelbie.  I cried for a few minutes because the 'what if' thoughts were beginning to overwhelm me but then I decided to be brave and wait until we can get a CBC before I freak out.  Maybe it's nothing.  I'm hoping for nothing! Please let it be nothing.  I can not handle two kids getting IVIG!
Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts