Prednisone Sucks!
I think I have uttered these words before but it's true, Prednisone sucks! I think it's killing poor Spencer. Not literally but the poor kid. Sheesh!
Tonight his face was super flushed and his body temperature has dropped to only 95.6! His face is getting swollen, his appetite is huge which is a problem! A problem only because all the food I bought over three weeks ago on my last grocery store run was food that is to make things from scratch so there are no 'grab and go' things in house. I felt so bad for him tonight, he ransacked the kitchen trying to find anything he could eat right away. I offered him grilled cheese, pancakes and eggs, nachos, tacos, toast with peanut butter, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies you get the picture. He couldn't wait for me to make something, and it was nearly 11pm. He finally let me make him some toast which I slathered with butter and peanut butter! I know he went to bed starving.
Let's see, what else. He's dizzy and 'whirling', the skin on his fingers is peeling off in sheets, he has a headache and his eyes, muscles and joints hurt.
I'm sure prednisone won't kill him but I'm telling you, it kills me! It kills me to watch him get so sick on something that is suppose to make him better!
As for Shelbie, she is hanging in there with a bad cold. IVIG is still not scheduled and I'm getting frustrated because if she doesn't get it this week then it means she will get it next week and be sick with the side effects for Thanksgiving! Last Thanksgiving she was in the hospital with a platelet count of 4 or some crazy number like that. I just want one holiday this year with everyone healthy and happy but that might be asking for too much. We will be happy, we always make the best of whatever comes but it would be great to be healthy. She's had some new symptoms crop up like a patch of hair is missing from her head, she has a tremor in her hands and her right arm is numb. I have no idea what to make of these symptoms.
Sam...as I say this, I am not just knocking but pounding on wood...he is doing okay. At least nothing unusual just his regular, nightly nausea and stomach cramping.
As our world turns...

Tonight his face was super flushed and his body temperature has dropped to only 95.6! His face is getting swollen, his appetite is huge which is a problem! A problem only because all the food I bought over three weeks ago on my last grocery store run was food that is to make things from scratch so there are no 'grab and go' things in house. I felt so bad for him tonight, he ransacked the kitchen trying to find anything he could eat right away. I offered him grilled cheese, pancakes and eggs, nachos, tacos, toast with peanut butter, ice cream, chocolate chip cookies you get the picture. He couldn't wait for me to make something, and it was nearly 11pm. He finally let me make him some toast which I slathered with butter and peanut butter! I know he went to bed starving.
Let's see, what else. He's dizzy and 'whirling', the skin on his fingers is peeling off in sheets, he has a headache and his eyes, muscles and joints hurt.
I'm sure prednisone won't kill him but I'm telling you, it kills me! It kills me to watch him get so sick on something that is suppose to make him better!
As for Shelbie, she is hanging in there with a bad cold. IVIG is still not scheduled and I'm getting frustrated because if she doesn't get it this week then it means she will get it next week and be sick with the side effects for Thanksgiving! Last Thanksgiving she was in the hospital with a platelet count of 4 or some crazy number like that. I just want one holiday this year with everyone healthy and happy but that might be asking for too much. We will be happy, we always make the best of whatever comes but it would be great to be healthy. She's had some new symptoms crop up like a patch of hair is missing from her head, she has a tremor in her hands and her right arm is numb. I have no idea what to make of these symptoms.
Sam...as I say this, I am not just knocking but pounding on wood...he is doing okay. At least nothing unusual just his regular, nightly nausea and stomach cramping.
As our world turns...
I have heard Prednisone is really bad stuff and from what you're saying it sounds like it's horrible. That's too bad. I hope that you guys can have a little break so you can enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving next week!
ReplyDelete