What a week
This week, I took a temporary, full time job at a flower shop. Boy, was it fun, and exhausting and an amazing experience. I was a little rusty on day one but then it all seemed to click and I was knocking out arrangements in a big hurry. I can't believe how much pressure is involved in managing a floral department, my friend who hired me does an amazing job and I was really happy to help her out for this Valentine's week.
The downside to the job was that I got sick on Wednesday morning so that last two days, I've been working with a 101 degree fever. That has not been fun.
I also remembered why full time jobs will never work for me. Late last week, Sam started passing a lot of blood in his stool, along with a lot of pain. Monday had us back in the doctor office. Wednesday, he had a CT Scan and early next week, he will have a Colonoscopy. The CT scan showed a lot of what they think is Diverticulitis but they aren't positive that is what it is. It could be benign polyps, it could be cancer. They will biopsy them next week so we can confirm what is happening.
All this time, we've been going the route of the urologist when what he really needs is a GI doc. All of the urology problems were secondary and referred pain to this new issue. I'm so sad for Sam. He just can't catch a break. It's been non stop issues for him and now this. He's been pretty depressed this week and of course, not feeling well. It's been really hard to co ordinate all his care while trying to work in a busy, busy place. I struggle to keep my head in one place.
So, things are not ideal right now and it's just hard. Life is hard.
The downside to the job was that I got sick on Wednesday morning so that last two days, I've been working with a 101 degree fever. That has not been fun.
I also remembered why full time jobs will never work for me. Late last week, Sam started passing a lot of blood in his stool, along with a lot of pain. Monday had us back in the doctor office. Wednesday, he had a CT Scan and early next week, he will have a Colonoscopy. The CT scan showed a lot of what they think is Diverticulitis but they aren't positive that is what it is. It could be benign polyps, it could be cancer. They will biopsy them next week so we can confirm what is happening.
All this time, we've been going the route of the urologist when what he really needs is a GI doc. All of the urology problems were secondary and referred pain to this new issue. I'm so sad for Sam. He just can't catch a break. It's been non stop issues for him and now this. He's been pretty depressed this week and of course, not feeling well. It's been really hard to co ordinate all his care while trying to work in a busy, busy place. I struggle to keep my head in one place.
So, things are not ideal right now and it's just hard. Life is hard.
Comments
Post a Comment