It's A Wrap

One minute, you have a beautiful, 2016 Nissan Altima and in a split second event, you don't.   The car has been deemed a complete loss so that's the end of that. 

Now that I have had time to process it, I guess it really was the best outcome for us.  This car was a lease and that was working out fine when Shelbie drove it because she used it just around town, so she was able to keep the miles low and in check.  When Spencer started driving it, he racked up the miles driving from Provo to Salt Lake for weekly hospital visits and then all around the Salt Lake Valley for work, so by the time we returned the car a year from now, we would have been well over the allotted miles.  Someone had scraped up her bumper in a parking lot and we were waiting to fix that until just before we returned the car to the lease company, as well as replace the windshield...so, in the end, this saved us in some huge fees and penalties, even after I pay the deductible.

Spencer's injuries will mend and the lady he hit has been reasonable and kind and so the claim will be closed by tomorrow.  I can't say enough about how amazing Progressive has been to work with.  I have never been so impressed with a company's customer service as I have Progressive. 

Anyways, it could have been much worse.  The timing hasn't been great.  Sometimes, it's the small annoyances that break you. 

I am still waiting to hear from our doctor.  I have called every day and sent emails.  I know he is a busy man.  He was just recognized for his major advances and research in Leukemia and Lymphoma so between his research, clinical patients and overseeing the bone marrow transplant unit at Huntsman's, he's busy.  He's busy because he is so good.  So, I will continue to wait as patiently as I can.  Just another exercise in Faith.   

Until then, it's business as usual.

Comments

Popular Posts