It finally happened
It's not like we gave up...but almost. It was more like we surrendered the plan to God.
After months of waiting, from the time they said Shelbie would need to start up treatment again for Granulomatous Disease in her brain and lungs, she finally had her first treatment today. Here's a very boring picture of the first treatment known as Renflexis. It took about 4 hours.
She will do this every two weeks for a couple of months and then every 6 weeks for an undetermined amount of time. Our doctor told me a few weeks ago that she only has one other CVID patient who started this treatment two years ago and is still getting them to this day, though he is stable and doing okay. Two years is a long time to think about this.
I have had a lot of mixed emotions leading up to this. I've been feeling a lot of post trauma and it's made for some overwhelming days, so I'm glad we have the first one done. Tonight, she is not doing very well. She has lost all color in her face and just looks grey. She is already experiencing extreme nausea and body aches and general feeling of ill. All of this is to be expected and it would be strange if she wasn't sick.
I hope that this proves to be something that adds to her quality of life rather than making it harder.
Comments
Post a Comment