The Haunting

 It's October!  Time flies when you're having fun...am I right?

It has been an emotional roller coaster around here which leaves us all feeling just a little jumpy.  Here's the back story...

My house is haunted.  It's been haunted almost since day one.  For the first few years, I would notice strange things but ya know, you just think it's all in your head so I never said anything.  Every now and again, one of the kids would say something about some weird occurrence but I always down played it. 

The past two years, the ghosts have ramped up their hauntings and now many people who spend any time at my house have had an experience with the ghosts.  People see dark shadows in the outline of a figure standing in corners, doors open and close, curtains move when there isn't a window open.  A lot of the time, Bentley our dog goes nuts, barking into thin air, usually at an empty corner.    

A few weeks ago, Sam and Cass had some friends over and we were all outside in the backyard around the fire and we heard a scream.  The girl had come out of the bathroom and there was a figure of a person in the corner.  She thought it was her husband trying to scare her, but he was outside with us.  She was the only one in the house!  

Shelbie has had friends sleep over and they will never stay over again because they were awakened by a spirit standing over them.  Shelbie herself has been awakened with something grabbing her ankle.  It's weird.  We literally see people standing in our house or figures moving between rooms, shadows passing through.  It happens daily.  The toilet flushes, the TV turns on, there's tapping on windows, scratching from the inside of a wall, and we constantly hear footsteps upstairs...Always! 

Mostly, we ignore it, or try to.  A couple of weeks ago,  I went upstairs to put something away in the bathroom and I saw a shadow of a person walk into Sam's room.  I actually was a little freaked out so I slammed the door shut.  I immediately texted Sam who was at Cass' house, 

"Hey, I'm going to bed. There's a spirit in your room so I shut the door.  Good luck!"  Now we talk about them like they are just part of the family.  I don't even have to explain that text to him, we just know now, that's how weird it is. 

So, tonight, Sam and Cass came home from work, said hello and then goodbye since they were meeting up with her siblings for dinner.  We heard the garage door open and close.  I was working in the basement and Shelbie was upstairs doing laundry.  It had been about 15 minutes since Sam and Cass said goodbye.  All of a sudden, I hear Shelbie cry out and run down the stairs and she's panicked.  The garage door to the house opened a crack and then closed softly.  Bentley was going crazy and she's crying, "The ghosts are in the garage, they opened the door."  

I put down my computer to run upstairs, thinking it was no big deal and I would check out the garage.  Just as I got the door, the handle started turning slowly.  I lost my marbles!!! That's no ghost, there was someone in the garage! I started screaming, Shelbie was screaming, we are running through the house like crazy people! 

Then walks in Cass and Sam!  

After Shelbie and I changed our underwear...we had a good, nervous laugh!  This pretty much sums up the way things are going around here.  We jump to conclusions, over-react, see things, and whether it's the ghosts or actual people, it's scary around here but what else could we possibly expect from 2020.

All is well that ends well...now to figure out what to do about these ghosts! 

Comments

Popular Posts