The Director of Production

Spencer has been hard at work which is great!  He spent almost two weeks in LA recently and it was two weeks I didn't hear from him but guys on the production team posted pictures to their social media, tagging Spencer in it, so of course I snagged them, stole them...borrowed them.  

Everytime I see pictures of Spencer doing the work he loves, it's hard to imagine that he taught himself this art.  This shoot was a commercial for some electric dirt bikes which apparently have some out of this world power.   As a director of production, he helps the director write the story line and then he co ordinates all the effects, camera angles, lighting the whole works to bring the vision of the Director to life.  I just love looking at these pictures of him hard at work.

In this shot, the cameras were all mounted on this frame and Spencer sat in the dune buggy 
running the cameras by remote.  That's so fascinating to me.  While he is getting the shot, a guy beside him is continually making sure the shots are in focus and adjust them as they are speeding across the sand.  






Just before this shoot, he did a music video and I can't wait for that to be released.  He was the DP on that project as well.  I will post it as soon as I am allowed.  

It's cool to see your kids doing awesome things, things I never thought I would see them do. 



Comments

Popular Posts