Funny thing

Where does the time go?  A few quick updates before a funny story.  Going private has not been an easy thing in terms of technology.  Private means only 100 people can read the blog but there were more than that who asked to be invited.  So, trying not to disappoint anyone, it's still public.  I did take it out of the Google directory so it's basically invisible but this week, I've gotten so many horrifying spam messages on the blog.  Ahhh, I'm not sure what to do.  Anyways, I guess it's irrelevant. 

Things seem to be moving closer to starting treatment for Shelbie.  She had her pulmonary function test last week, apparently she failed because we received a message from the pulmonologist that she too agreed we needed to start treatment.  Towards the end of last week, the message I got said  they were just waiting on one team member to give his thoughts before pulling the trigger.  The wheels of democracy move slow when it comes to treatment for a rare and complicated disease. 

On to the funny story for the week.  Sunday night, a friend from days gone by added me to a group text, wanting to collect addresses so that invitations to her son's reception could be mailed out.  Our kids spent tons of time together when they were little but when I got divorced, things changed but still, they remained friends, just not as close.  Anyways, I noticed that Sam's number was added to the group text.  Sam wasn't home but after several minutes and 20 other responses in this group text, a message from Sam popped up...He said, " Who are you people and why are you bothering me? Stop texting me!"

I was horrified!!  This was our good friend who we loved and respected.  I couldn't figure out why Sam would respond the way he did.  This young man getting married was his long time friend!   I immediately called him and before he could get a word out I lit into him..."What is your problem?  Why would you be so rude in your text, all Gina wanted was our address for Ryker's reception!"

Sam was driving with a bunch of friends and I didn't realize I was on Blue Tooth through the speakers of the car!  All his friends heard me getting uptight..."What are you talking about?"  Sam asked while all his friends quietly stopped laughing.

"Your text response to Gina?  It was so rude!"  I said.
"Mom!! I didn't get a text from Gina or anyone!  I don't know what you are talking about!"  Then the whole car erupted in uncontrollable laughter. 
"You didn't text that?"  It took me a minute to realize I still had Sam's old number from 5 years ago in my phone and clearly, my friend only had his old number as well.  

I felt stupid on several levels.  I apologized and quickly sent a private text to my friend explaining the situation but in the time I was talking to Sam, some people in the text message had already fired back some messages to "Samuel"....
'Dude!  Why you gotta be so salty? Just give her your address and come party with us!'
'Your attitude doesn't belong here!'
'Lighten up, it'll be a fun party.'

Then the stranger Sam responded, "Get me out of this group text!  I don't even know you people!"

It just kept going and it became so funny.  People were sending this kid Google instructions on how to take himself out of the group. His last text was, "Okay, just tell me who you are bruh!"

It's our running joke now...Sam, why you gotta be so salty?

Anyways, speaking of Sam...he bought a ring. Oh my heart.  His plan is to pop the question the second week in August and would like to be married by September but I have a sneaking feeling that plan is not going to align with the other parents.  We shall see.  Stay tuned. 



Comments

Popular Posts