Christmas trees and Lung Disease

After spending the weekend painting my kitchen cabinets instead of getting caught up on work, I started work extra early this morning.  I was making good progress.  This afternoon, I had to drive Shelbie down to Rigby for an appointment and on the way, we heard from our Pulmonologist. 

It's time to start treating the granuloma tumors in Shelbie's lungs.   She isn't comfortable with the way they have grown and increased in number.  She asked us if we wanted to see her right away or wait for three weeks until our planned follow up.  We decided to wait for three weeks until we are down there for her next procedure.   I'm not sure what the treatment will be exactly but it will most definitely be an immunosuppressant drug and possibly a chemotherapy agent. 

It was horrible timing because right after that, Shelbie had to go in to her appointment so I sat in the car to wait and process this news.  We have always known this day was likely to arrive but it still stings and hurts.  I didn't have long to think about this and I got a call from my boss. 

Every year, I decorate a tree for the Festival of Trees.  I was asked to do it again this year.  When they sent me the information, I was busy in Utah and just assumed that the dates were the same as the previous year, which would have been next week.  My boss was asking why I hadn't set the tree up yet?  I was so confused but then realized, the Festival starts tomorrow!   I sped home to grab all the decorations and tree, sped back to Rigby to pick up Shelbie and made it over to the library to get the tree set up.  It was just after 5 by the time I got started.  The sweet ladies at the library were willing to stay late so I could get it done.  Thank goodness Shelbie was there to help me.  It took us just over two hours but I love how it turned out.






Comments

Popular Posts