Welcome to Crazy Town
I hope you are just here to visit because living in Crazy Town is not much fun these days.
I have a friend in the Shwachman Diamond family whose child suffers with chronic infection the way we deal with chronic nausea and other unmentionables. She wrote on her Facebook page a bible verse about how great God is who can so marvelously alternate joy and tears to lead the soul by unknown paths to perfection.
Oh, so is that how we become perfect? A little joy and a few tears? If the laughing and crying are happening simultaneously, does that mean you are getting perfect faster? You gotta wonder about these things ya know. I'm not sure you really become perfect, maybe perfectly crazy but not perfect, just sayin'. (Yes, in case you were wondering my laughing fits mixed with crying continue and yes, I am going to see a doctor about perhaps sedating me for the next 10 years until this mess passes. Just kidding. I think it's never going to end. At first, I naively thought to myself, 'bad luck can't last forever', but it does actually. I would love to sleep for 10 years though. That would be nice. Not dead, just asleep...but not miss anything fun or important like a new Pinterest craft or awesome recipe I would need to try, that kind of thing.)
I seriously think I am the slowest learner ever and really, I think that there should be limits on how long God should keep trying to teach you the same lesson. Like, I would say that if you can't figure it out after, oh say, I don't know, 7-10 years of sustained trials then maybe He should move on to a different technique because I am obviously not getting it. I try to get it, I try to be patient, I try to 'figure it out' but this one is lost on me. I'm not sure if I'm a visual learner or what, actually, I'm a verbal learner. Just come on down here, send an Angel or something if He's tied up with other things, and flat out tell me what I am suppose to learn and then we can be done and move on to bigger and better things. I mean, is that too much to ask? In this case, I am definitely a verbal learner, straight up. No crypt-o-grams or acronyms and none of this ROFL or LOL, just tell me what I need to be learning then we can all join in a robust "Hallelujah" and cheer!
In the last 24 hours...
Spencer had to leave school sicker than a dog
Spencer woke up this morning, sicker than a dog
Spencer spent the day, sicker than a dog
Sam came home from school wanting to drop out
Sam decided homeschooling would be fine
Sam had a meltdown because I'm not allowing any of those options to happen
Sam has two speeches, one devotional and pages of math due tomorrow.
Sam will finish his meltdown in about an hour, then try to start homework
I was laid off from my part time job today
I will be losing another job in one month
Oh, the joy, oh the tears....
Comments
Post a Comment