On and on...

As our luck would have it, the hospital didn't order the correct contrast and other things they would need today for Spencer's testing so we only did part of it.  That was disappointing since he had been fasting in order to do all the things that were necessary.  He is fasting again tonight and will have the big test in the morning. 

     This afternoon, our GI., Dr. T. finally called me back.  He is located in Boise.  We talked about symptoms and Spencer's weight loss and he wanted us in Boise A.S.A.P. for a procedure to take several biopsies of his 'insides'.  I would tell you what parts of his insides but he rattled them off so fast I didn't get a chance to write it all down.  I told him of the tests tomorrow and was hoping maybe we could stay in town for the additional tests if he directed the physicians here. He thought that would be okay so we will be meeting with the surgeon on Friday, get the bloodwork done and surgery will take place next week.

     I feel relieved that maybe they will be able to find out what is causing him to be so sick but it is stressful too.  He will miss so much school and even though I don't a have a job to speak of, it still stresses me out and reminds me of why getting a full time job is out of the question.  When would I ever be able to work?  The kids medical needs are getting increasingly more complex and time consuming.  I see a magnified version of the bind I am in and then let my mind run through tangents of despair.  The financial problems, are draining to me in every way.  I want to be a mother, I don't want to be concerned with supporting my kids financially.  It's times like this when I feel really angry that I am divorced and I have to be both the nurturer and the bread winner.  My earning power has proven to be useless lately!  The other reality I am facing is the fact that Spencer will more than likely be in surgery the day of his 16th birthday or the day before...those are the two days I know our surgeon books out procedures.  I feel pressure to make his day even more of a special one to compensate for all the crap he has to go through.  It just makes me feel so bad for him.

Comments

Popular Posts