Thursday, June 1, 2017

What has become of you?

It was a rare day, the kind when I had no appointments, no streams of phone calls which is amazing since I have over a dozen design clients right now, three from out of State, like Virginia, Texas and Colorado.

On days like today, I can catch up on drawing and spreadsheets, as I tether myself to the computer and crank on my jams...Today, my 'jams' as the young people say, were Deepak Chopra,  Caroline Myss, Steven Pressfield, Brene Brown, Elizabeth Gilbert...you get the drift.  It was this steady stream of inspiring thoughts, podcasts, presentations and ideas all day long!

I know that I'm not the person I use to be, I'm not the person I want to be and somewhere in between, can feel like an exhausting race to realize who I'm suppose to be.  It's easy for me to get stuck and spin in a million things that will change nothing for me but keeps me numb to hard work of changing a self or finding a self.

Here are some snippets that were deeply inspiring today...

Brene Brown- Do not confuse communication with connection.
                        You can't narrate someone else's life
                        The minute you deny your story, it owns you.
                        Be in the scene you're in, don't play the scene you wish you were in.  (I LOVE this                                             thought...I just wish I could live this thought)

Caroline Myss- "How do you know you are on the right path? You don't betray yourself."

Steven Pressfield- Where do we get the idea that we aren't worthy?

Deepak Chopra- I love Deepak, I always have.  If you haven't read the book, The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success for Families...do that now!  I read that with my kids every summer and we would practice one law every week throughout the summer.  It was empowering!
                            Belief creates your reality
                            You can't change a thought with a thought...thoughts are born, experienced and die

And then, I heard a few quotes by some of my favorites...

 Rumi- "Why do you stay in a prison when the door is wide open?"
Rollo May- "It's an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when they have lost their way."

But the best of all... By Hafiz

This place where you are right now, God circled on a map.  Wherever your eyes and arms and heart can move against the earth and the sky, the Beloved has bowed there- Our Beloved has bowed there, knowing you were coming."

Have you ever heard such a beautiful string of words?  This quote may have changed the way I look at my circumstances.  No matter how hard, or easy, or happy, or sad, or wrong, or misplaced, or strenuous, or fearful, or exciting a moment or a place is, it's where we are suppose to be.  Every place has holiness in it.  Every place is sacred, a place prepared for us, consecrated for us, circled on a map... where we commune with the Spirit, learn, grow, change, struggle, wrestle, become.  That is the very essence of life! That's it. No matter how fast or slow we stumble and sprint through these circled places of Heavenly charting, is not what is important.  What's important is that we remain engaged to stick around and see what happens next.

It can feel more like shame to admit your life isn't all sunshine and butterflies flitting around cheerfully.  Shame can crush your spirit when the rash of bad luck strings you along with no end in sight...It is embarrassing at times.  Embarrassing that your life is so big and unbelievable!  Unbelievably hard and impossible to understand.  Feeling stuck and lost can do a number on the threads of self worth you are trying to hold yourself together with.

But...somehow, this quote is the pass, the get out jail card, a quiet whisper from God..."I've been waiting for you to get here...welcome!"  There is so much comfort in this thought.

So...What has become of you?  This journey has become you.  You are your journey; a composition of the beautifully hard life you live, the things  you can only gather when standing in divine circles on a Heavenly Map.


                         




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment