Saturday, June 24, 2017

Good Intentions

I'm calling today's post...good intentions because good intentions were plentiful on this beautiful Saturday.

I had all kinds of good intentions for today.  I had high hopes to fix Sam's bed, wrap up some projects that have looming deadlines and that's about it!  I figured I had a good 9 hours of drafting to do today, a job site to visit and all that was after I worked in the temple this morning.

I took a nap last night from 1:00 to 3:00 am then got up wondering where Shelbie and her friends had disappeared to but left every light in the house on...girls!  They got home after a little field trip up to the Teton Valley, around 3:30 am and then I went back to bed until 7:00 when I got up to say goodbye to the boys.  They are going to the Nitro Circus performance in Salt Lake tonight.

Back to my day...

Instead of leaving the temple promptly to start my well thought out day...I ran into an old acquaintance at the temple who was substituting for a shift.  We aren't good friends but we are stop and visit kind of friends.  Her father was well known in the higher up circles of our church and wrote many great books.  My friend M. always has the greatest stories and touching, inspiring thoughts and she genuinely cares about my family.  Her husband died in a glider plane crash the year I was divorced so she's been single a long while too.  Our visit was over a half hour but what a great use of my time this morning.

When I got home, I was so sick of my dirty, dirty car so I decided to do a quick wash on the driveway.  This turned into a two hour project of detailing the inside too.

The girls finally woke up and wanted lunch so we headed for a greasy but good Big Jud's burger.  Then it was Walmart...job site...and finally home to start working on the computer...except...I was so tired, I took a nap!

Who naps on a Saturday night?

Long story short...I'm behind...still but that nap felt amazing!  I should really try sleeping more.

All kinds of good intentions...

Also, at the temple, I ran into some people I know and they said, "Why is your hair grey?" I love the shocked response I get over my hair...it never gets old! Yes it does!

"My hair is grey because God sees fit to bless me with a grey hair kind of life!"  and then we had an awkward laugh.  Good intentions I know...but still!  Enough with the hair comments!

At Walmart, I was in the toilet paper aisle.  Toilet paper is the hardest thing in the world for me to buy.  I always feel like I'm getting ripped off so it takes me 20 min. to actually calculate which brand give you the most square footage for your dollar!  It's a problem I should probably talk to someone about!  LOL.  Anyways...I'm doing  my thing and this incredibly handsome young man walks past me and then doubles back.  He was probably in his late 20's.

"Excuse me?  You're not married?"
"Me?" as I look around to find someone young and gorgeous he might be trying to pick up.
"Yes."
"No.  I'm not married."
"Oh my gosh, you are beautiful.  You should be married. There has got to be some lucky guy waiting to find you."....It was something to that effect.
I think I snorted while chuckling..."Well, thank you! That's the nicest thing I've heard all day."
"You're welcome.  I mean it."
"Thanks!"  and then he walked off.

I'm pretty sure that this guy was with his friends one aisle over, having a game of truth or dare and I was their target.  At least he said something really nice as opposed to throwing a water balloon at me! Anyways...good intentions regardless.

So that was my day!  I did get one project sent off tonight and now to clean this mess of a house!  



Photobucket

1 comment: