Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Life Hack

I've always wanted to come up with some awesome life hack of my own.  And...today is not the day!

Ha ha...but I do want to share the most phenomenal discovery that has changed my life.  Believe me, it has to be an incredible hack in order to excite me.

If you are over 50 years old or suffer with a disease like Lupus or Fibromyalgia, then you will be able to relate.  Watery eyes!  I have been suffering with this to an increasing degree for over a year.  If I yawn, the tears run down my face.  If the wind is blowing, my eyes water.  If it's cold, my eyes water. As soon as I put my make-up on, my eyes start watering.  It's annoying.  My tears seem so salty, the skin under my eyes is constantly burning and dry.  By 8 am, my makeup on at least one eye is completely off.

This past weekend, it was so bothersome, I went and bought lacquer eyeliner.

Out of the blue, something showed up on my Pinterest feed about watery eyes.  Their remedy was a dab of Vaseline in each corner of your eye- as close as you can get without getting it inside your eye.  I was pretty skeptical especially since it said "the tears find a different path to take."  I don't think tears just divert themselves because of a little Vaseline but I'm desperate to try anything.

Low and behold- it works!  I forgot what I was missing all this time having eyes that didn't leak!  I feel like I was just given a new lease on life. Seriously though, it was non-stop. All this time, I thought I had a blocked tear duct and maybe I do but as long as this is working, I'm not going to worry about it.

I do have one question though, why do I have to deal with things that shouldn't happen for another 20 years?  I'm an old soul!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment