Monday, August 8, 2016

When Nature Calls....

What a day...

I ended up having to be in a distant city for most of the day working with some clients on a remodel.  It threw my whole day off in a big way!

I'm on this 'diet' of sorts in yet another attempt to calm the Lupus waves of pain, so, I've been drinking 150 ounces of water a day.  I try to drink 100 of those ounces before 10 am!  Just kidding but needless to say, I'm making a lot of trips to the bathroom for my bladder that happens to be the size of rice grain.  It use to be bigger I'm sure, but then I had three kids who kicked the daylights out of it, laid on it and finally, tried to drag it out with them I think...I'm not sure though!

The morning was rushed and I just didn't have a lot of time to be spending on a run to the loo but when nature calls...So, I hurried and as I prepared to sit down...a spider!!!  Crawled...  OUT OF MY PANTS!!

What the heck?  A Daddy Long Leg!  How did I not feel that?  I clearly need tighter fitting pants. There were some impressive dance moves happening in my bathroom for more than one reason!  Geez.  I hate spiders!! I hate them so much even my words to describe my hatred of spiders, shrink in fear!   This set me 15 minutes behind on my 2 hour commute to work!  I was so bugged!  Seriously.

I tried to make up time getting to my client's home and really did alright but rather than take the time to unload my trunk full of tile, I just ran up to the door to greet them and get the latest on where they were at in their thoughts.  After our initial visit of catching up, I told her I would start bringing tile in from my car.

As I dashed out, still trying to gather my thoughts that were scattered in my whirlwind head, there, right beside my car was a snake!! A big old snake coiled up with his head up and mouth wide open!  Holy Cow!! I ran.  I ran so fast back into the house.  Inside, I was screaming for dear life but outside, I looked as though I was just filing my nails like no big deal...and calmly said, "Maybe I'll get those tile samples a little later.  There is a snake beside my car and I just don't feel like being someone's snack right now."

This poor woman..."There's a what?  Did you say a snake?"  Then she started screaming and yelling for her husband.  By the time he got out there, it was gone!!  I couldn't concentrate.  All I could think about was that darn snake all up in my grill, under my car, crawling through the vents.  On the long drive home, I was creeped out.  Spiders in my pants, snakes trying to eat me...what next?!!

What a day!  I didn't have to go to the gym tonight.  I figure my heart was racing most of the day so that should have burned a significant number of calories, and then there was that dance party in the bathroom and the sprint to the client's front door...I'm good all week in the exercise department.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! Thanks for sharing. I will de-critter my place before you get here!!

    ReplyDelete