Friday, February 26, 2016

Broken and Bent

Today is a hard one.

Maybe it's the broken car that kept dying in Utah and is dead today.
Maybe it's the way my schedule bends under the pressures that I face this weekend with work.

Regardless...today, I feel broken and bent.

This week has contained 48 hours of the most intense experiences, reflections, and moments.

Heaven has been closer than I could have imagined but in the next second, light years away.

My mind is trying to find a way to escape this.  I look behind me and see sorrow and suffering catching up.  I can not dodge this and I see that more than ever today.  I want to dodge it.  Run away. There must be something I can take to escape these feelings that overwhelm me today.

But then, I heard a phrase...An opportunity to bend.

I remembered...today, is an opportunity to lean into God a little more than I have needed to.  Bend, to reach his reaching.  There is no other way.  I can cry all I want.  I can throw the most amazing pity party but that isn't going to change what we must pass through.

So, I have no choice but to open the gate and walk in to my own garden where broken hearts go to feel the balm of Christ's healing.  There is so much more to this than one can imagine; than I imagined.  So, it goes.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment