Friday, January 15, 2016

The Week in Review

Well, we've had a week with our new family arrangement.  It is much harder than I thought it would be.  I know it is probably the hardest for her.

We are working through the hard things, trying to communicate.  At first, I tried to give her a lot of leeway with things but then realized that it wasn't enough structure so we spent the morning trying to get things on track.  It went well.  I still believe that a little love and understanding goes a long way.

I would not be able to do what she has done.  There is no way I could move in with total strangers and express the things I needed.  She is doing so well in that regard.  She seems to like my kids and my kids like her. I know that as each day passes, we will find our groove.

For now, I realize that the medical stuff is going to be tricky to maneuver.  Yesterday we were stuck at the hospital for over 12 hours and that is rough on us, let alone someone who isn't accustomed to watching someone else suffer.  I have also found that I have had to let a lot of things go so I can dedicate more time and attention to my kids and 'S'.  (our new addition)  This is a huge adjustment for all of us, including my kids.

All and all, despite the extra work it's been, I don't have any regrets.  I can see so many ways that this undertaking will be a blessing to us and I hope that it will, in the end, be a blessing to her and her family.

I gave her permission to do anything to her room that she wanted.  Tonight, we will start working on that.  I will post pics when it's done but I can tell you it's going to include newspaper, ombre walls, teal paint and about a 1/2 a ton of gold glitter!  It's going to be a sparkly night!

Pictures to come...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment