Saturday, December 19, 2015

The sounding joy.

Every Saturday, I play the organ in the temple.  This month, I've been playing the classic Christmas tunes and as I play, these songs over and over, reading each verse as I go along, I have gotten much more from the songs than usual.  I get so lost in the words and what deep meaning they hold for me this year, I almost forget to move on.

I love words.  I especially love words that are poetic and reach my heart.

Here are some of my favorites...

"Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay."

"Love me, I pray."

"Fit us for Heaven"

"Above it's sad and lowly plains they bend on hovering wing, and ever o'er its babel sounds, the blessed angels sing."

"The hopes and fears of all the years are met in thee tonight."

"Where meek souls will receive him, still, The dear Christ enters in."

"And in despair, I bowed my head."


Photobucket

1 comment: