Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It's Back...

C- Diff is back.  Not officially but today was Spencer's last day on antibiotics for Salmonella and all the GI bleeding, nausea, vomiting and other unmentionables came back with a vengeance.  I will check in with our trusty Infectious Disease doc in the morning and see what we do next.

I have a feeling I will be taking another trip to Utah.  Spencer left his Vancomycin here because we thought we were done and at $1200 for a two week prescription, I'm not about to get a refill.  We still have a week's worth left.  With our luck, the doc will change the medication to Dificid which is even more money than Vanco.  Whatever...

Spencer is so funny...he never just calls and comes out with the news.  He warms up to bad news.

So, it went something like this..."Hey mom!  How was your day?"
"Pretty good.  How about your day?"
"It was good.  Just got done with my classes for the night and I"m headed back to my apartment."
"That's good!  What's on the schedule for tonight?"
"Oh, just homework I think.  I am going to go to bed early probably."
"That's a good idea.  How is the T-shirt business going?  Working on some more designs?"
"Ya and I have a photo shoot tomorrow with models and the designs I have so they will look professional.  Oh, and I was going to mention that I think I have C-diff again.  Oh, and we were robbed last night too.  So, I guess it was sort of a big day but tomorrow should be good."

I love how he sandwiches C-diff and getting robbed in between some photo shoot with models! Yes, you read that right, they were robbed.  Windows smashed out of the roommate's car, everything stolen.  It's a miracle they didn't touch Spencer's car that was full of electronics and what not because he got home from Idaho so late, he left a bunch of stuff in there.  Little tender mercies.

So...there we go.  Second verse, same as the first! Surprisingly, I have no emotion over this news tonight.  It is what it is.

I did get some news back from Cardiology on Spencer.  For the most part, structurally, his heart seems okay.  He has some leaky valves but nothing like Shelbie and Sam.  No extreme pressures like Sam so in comparison, he looks awesome...well, when you compare his heart to Sam's.  If you compare his heart to a healthy person, then it doesn't look so good maybe.  But for now, I am considering this to be good news.  This doesn't explain his electrical problems and arrhythmia but we'll figure that out...or not.

Tomorrow, I get stitches out!  Hooray for progress and I get pathology back on my surgery.  I am not feeling too worried which may or may not be a good thing.  I tend to be a poor judge when it comes to my own health.  Two weeks out and things are still kind of painful but I guess that is to be expected.

More news coming tomorrow...



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment