Friday, December 11, 2015

Getting it together

It's been an interesting week of sorts.  Busy as usual.

Tuesday, we went back to the homeless shelter to drop off gifts to our new friend Carla.  I had called her just to remind her that we were coming.  She asked if we could meet her somewhere else instead so we met in a parking lot a few blocks away.  She was so happy but I have a feeling she is one of those people who just manages to smile regardless of the burdens she carries.

She had asked us to come to her apartment for tea after her class at the battered women's shelter but since I work nights, we had to decline.  We packed her car up with presents and gave her and the littles a hug.

As we drove off, both of my kids said, "Do you get the feeling she has her life together more than we do?"

Ya, I kind of did.  In fact, I was trying not to cry because in so many ways, she seemed much better off than us.  In a lot of ways, we are still clamoring to get our feet back under us.  At the end of the day, the image stuck in my mind is that moment when you hit an unseen patch of ice and are about to go down but you do everything in your power to stay upright?  Ya, that's about what life feels like...every day.

I did get Christmas shopping started and done and that feels a little better.  I haven't even thought about baking anything but I'm not really sure I care.

I'm not sure what to do to get things together again.  I have been in this Lupus flare all week and that is not helping matters.  I just can't escape the pain and inflammation and overwhelming fatigue!  Blah...


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment