Friday, November 13, 2015

Remember the past

Today, I have been remembering some of our past experiences.  It has made for a much better day.

I remember the day I got divorced over 10 years ago.  I know what you are thinking...how can remembering a divorce make for a better day?  Well, here we go.

I was trying to find a place for the kids and I to move to and a full time job.  Nothing was working out.  As I drove around looking at rentals and cheap places to buy, this song came on the radio.

After I heard this, I started watching closer for God's plan to unfold in my life.  I saw His mercy, His blessings, and even His purposes.

So, today, we embarked in a continued effort of Faith, trying to remember that God is His own interpreter.

I heard from the ID nurse, the C-diff rapid test came back negative.  The Salmonella cultures are still pending.  He was also testing for some new strains of Salmonella that may have been missed or perhaps mutations of the original strain he has.  There is also a chance that given his poor immune system he will have chronic symptoms rather than acute Salmonella symptoms.  If all of that comes back normal, then, I don't see that there is anything more we can do.  The damage has been done and we will need to figure out how to move forward.

Life for us truly does unfold hour by hour.  The pain Spencer was in last night is not constant today, he gets little breaks now and again. He is still bleeding, still just as sick as he was two weeks ago. Basically, the only thing that has changed is the way we are looking at things.  I have no idea how things are going to work out.  It is impossible to see let alone understand at this point so, we will watch closely as the plan unfolds and remember that God has always ridden out the storms we find ourselves in.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment