Saturday, October 10, 2015

The best

      Our trip to Utah this week was filled with family time.  I felt re-energize to see the kids enjoying each other's company.  

    We arrived a little early and Spencer was still in class so we wandered around the college taking pictures and texting them to him so when class was out, he had to come and find us according to the pictures...it was amusing, a little family scavenger hunt.


     We went for an early dinner during Spencer's break.  When we came out, I wanted to get a nice picture of the kids.  Well, when it comes to pictures, my kids are the worst!  They will never be serious and all I get are dumb looks and ridiculous smiles.   Shelbie wanted everyone to stand on these concrete pillars but she needed the boys to help her get up on one and they weren't having it.




  I settled for this pose.


 It's been a long time since we have spent any time at University of Utah Hospital.  The last time we were there was about 16 years ago.  Sam had his first bone marrow biopsy and they refused to put him to sleep for it.  Shelbie had had one just before this that they refused to put her to sleep as well.  It was horrible so with Sam, this was the last straw for me and the last time I stepped foot in this hospital.   It was with mixed feelings I came back.


I love that even though these trips are stressful and difficult at best, the kids hang in there with each other and make the most of it.  I love to see how they support each other and show extra kindness.  The boys are so great with Shelbie.  I told her at one point that she is one lucky girl to have such handsome, sweet brothers who take such good care of her. These kids are the best part of my life.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I hope this visit was better than the last. You have some truly fabulous kids, and they have a truly fabulous mom.

    ReplyDelete