Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Grace upon Grace

Today has been a much better day!  Whew...

So...what changed?

Not really anything.  I mean, the problems are still glaring and scary.

But...I changed my attitude.  Late last night, I emailed Spencer a pep talk that we both needed to hear.
I sent him this quote by Jorge Klebingat

 Accept trials, setbacks, and “surprises” as part of your mortal experience. Remember that you are here to be proved and tested, “to see if [you] will do all things whatsoever the Lord [your] God shall command [you]” (Abraham 3:25)—and may I just add, “under all circumstances.” Millions of your brothers and sisters have been or are being thus tested, so why would you be exempt? Some trials come through your own disobedience or negligence. Other trials come because of the negligence of others or simply because this is a fallen world. When these trials come, the adversary’s minions begin broadcasting that you did something wrong, that this is a punishment, a sign that Heavenly Father does not love you. Ignore that! Instead, try to force a smile, gaze heavenward, and say, “I understand, Lord. I know what this is. A time to prove myself, isn’t it?” Then partner with Him to endure well to the end. Spiritual confidence increases when you accept that “often trials and tribulations are allowed to come into [your life] because of what [you] are doing right” 
It takes so much effort to keep your head in a place of hope.  The work is emotional and mental.  It doesn't take much to throw me off track but it takes an overwhelming amount of work to get back on track.

I talked to Spencer tonight and he went to a nutrition store and bought a bottle of weight gaining protein powder.  One serving has 1900 calories!  I had no idea this existed.  One serving is 32 ounces.  It costs $70 a bottle and it will last 8 days!  Ummm...I'm not sure this is a reasonable thing to count on but from now til Monday...it's worth a shot to see if it helps.  He drank one serving and had a some Panda Express so I'm guessing he was able to get in about 2400 calories...he got sick from it as usual, but at least it was a good start for calories.

We also talked about if he thought maybe doing diabetes testing was worth it.  He said he has always felt like maybe he had issues!  It's kind of a surprising to hear that from him but I think we will pursue this.  I may be way off but I will never know unless we try this.

It's been a day of grace.  I was able to focus on work and do some service for others and that changed things. I am glad that I can rely on prayer for getting through.  Tomorrow, the plan is to keep the faith.  One day at a time...grace upon grace...little by little.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment