Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Playing Hooky


 After Monday's dramatic evening, everyone was feeling blah on Tuesday so...we had to play hooky!

There is this place not far called Bear World.  It's a drive through park where you can see all kinds of wildlife.  It's been around for a long time but we have only been once.  We went the very first week they opened and it was expensive and lame.  I think they only had one bear and it slept in its den the whole time so we didn't even see it.  They had a few deer and elk but we see those weekly just in the area.

Shelbie mentioned earlier this year that going back was on her bucket list.  It still looks about as lame to me but what the heck?  We went yesterday.

It's still horrendously expensive and borderline lame but we did have a good time.  We always have a good time together.  So, here are some pictures of our afternoon!


Me at the entrance

Sam feeding our spirit animal.  What a pig!!  Ha ha...he just kept eating and eating and grunting! I named him Buffet!
This guy thought Shelbie was a real treat!  He wouldn't leave her alone!


The kids said this chicken reminded them of me..."Looks like he's been through the wringer...like you!"  LOL!! I think they are right! 

The little kiddie bear ride.

A wolf!  They are just mean looking animals.

A brown bear...or maybe a grizzly. 

Can you find the deer in this picture?

This guy didn't appreciate us looking at him...moving on...

The Albino Elk.  Apparently there are only 3 or 4 of these guys around.  He was beautiful! 

The Grizzly 

It was a fine afternoon.  Just nice to regroup and slow things down a bit.  I can't say it's a place I will ever go back to though.  I guess I'm not that into wildlife and such.  That's sad when you think about it...I haven't been to Yellowstone in decades and it's in my backyard!  I just don't get the fascination with that.  Maybe this year, we will take a trip just to say we did it.







Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Its fun to catch up on your blog a little. You look great! I'm glad you posted some bear country pictures because I've been wondering about that place. That is excited that Sam is almost home! I think of you often and sure appreciate all your kind words to me lately. You have such an amazing attitude. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete