Sunday, July 5, 2015

In the details

Well, I took another road trip this week.  Not one I was planning on so I didn't take much time out for blogging.

Last Monday, my mom had a stroke!  Completely unexpected.  In fact, when my dad called to tell me, he said, "Mom's had a stroke."  I thought in my head that he was referring to his mom, my grandma.  I wasn't expecting that it was my mom!  I was pretty much shocked.

She was blessed to have good doctors and thorough doctors who ordered appropriate tests.  It could have been so much worse and she isn't out of the woods but doing better than most do with strokes.

I have had a lot of time to think.  Something I don't do a lot of.  I'm usually working, tracking down kids, running to the hospital, running to the doctor, researching...anything really to keep my brain from thinking about anything too deep.  When you are driving for 8 hours straight, there isn't a lot to occupy your mind.

Last week, Spencer wrote in his letter about how his companion was having problems with depression and didn't want to do any work.  They had basically had to drag him around with them.  One house they tracted out, had a family interested in hearing more about the Gospel.  The daughter was really into Anime.  It just so happens that so was this other Elder.  It was a way into this family and the work because they had something in common they could talk about.  After that appointment, Spencer said the companion cheered right up and got back to work and his depression got better.

I don't think it's a coincidence that one door they knocked on was the exact thing that Elder needed.  I know for a fact that God loves his children.  He is in the very details, the seemingly smallest detail, just for the intent and purpose of making us happy and blessing our lives.

I see that in my mom's events this week.  As my dad explained how it all happened, there is no doubt that  the Lord was orchestrating events and timing for her good.

Sometimes, it is harder to see that in our own lives.  Sometimes, you have to look closely to see that things really are falling into place instead of falling apart.

Well...24 more days until Spencer gets home!  24!  I need to get busy...with the details! ;)



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your mom had a stroke! And I bet you are so pumped for Spencer to get home :)

    ReplyDelete