Saturday, June 27, 2015

Finding Jesus

Today, I sat at Rehab waiting for Shelbie.  I was just sitting there when a gentleman came up to me and said, "Have you found Jesus?"

My first reaction which isn't always the best reaction was...Oh, I didn't know He was missing.

I didn't really say that out loud, I used my 'inside' voice.

My actual response was, "Yes, I have found Jesus."
"I knew it!" he said excitedly.
"How did you know that?" I asked.
"Because you smile all the time.  People who have found Jesus smile no matter what." He explained.

We had a little chat about life.  Such a nice guy.  He said people had been talking about Shelbie and our family.  He was sad that such a young girl had to be here with all the old people who have worn out their lungs and heart.

I said, "It's not that sad.  She likes it here.  Everyone is so friendly and so much fun!"

He went on to tell me about the 4 heart attacks he has had, one stroke, COPD and flat lined twice in the past 4 years.  BUT...he said, "After I heard your story, my problems are nothing."

"I wouldn't say they are nothing!  I wouldn't want to deal with any of that!  It sounds scary.  I don't think anyone has worse problems than another, just different.  We are all learning the same lesson, we just arrive from different avenues.  Eventually, all roads converge at the same place.  Acceptance. Long suffering.  Empathy.  Finding Jesus."

I can't even believe I said that actually.  I don't typically get into conversations about religion or politics.  It seems in this world, no one is allowed to think outside the box or think differently from main stream rhetoric.

When you start comparing the size of crosses we each bear, then you have no choice but to deem the world or God, unfair.  It's not unfair.  It just is.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment